Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Just come back on the thread,my work done for the day. There's been some beautiful posts. Definitely not a day to be slicing chillies.

I'm going to sit down to a drink now and raise a glass to Karl. Here's to you my friend. Sweet dreams.

xx
Thanks to you too mate x

This thread has been a perfect reset button for me at least, probably more of us. Appreciate every day you are given and reflect on the blessings. Always someone reaching out to you whenever you stumble and need a hand.

And be prepared to have your culinary skills scrutinised to the last sprinkle of salt ?

Crying is a good release but I don't because I'm terrified I won't stop if I start.
Dear, Karl. I’m still trying to process your loss and I have to be honest and tell you that I have cried a lot this afternoon, maybe I’m releasing all the sadness that I’m feeling at the thought of no hearing from you again but I know you are no longer suffering and that brings comfort to my heart. You have created something beautiful here on this thread. Thanks to you many of us here have become friends and have gotten used to come here at your coffee room to check on each other and I know we will continue doing so, this thread is your legacy here at GOT. A place where posters will still be able to stop by to give each other support and be nice to one another as you wished it to be. Adios amigo!

Messy and I had talked about the thread for after...when the updates had ended.

I've spent some time today, going through the thread, mainly his posts, and our DMs.

We chatted about what the thread meant to him. He found strength in the support and love of fellow blues, but also from the simple camaraderie and compassion directed not toward him, but between strangers in a world (and forum) that of late, has more often been hateful and toxic.
Here he found renewed faith in humanity. I'm still struck by this.

I didn't know him well, but I think he was soothed by the thought of the thread continuing on...a piece of him still here.

We all knew it was inevitable, but it's still incredibly sad to hear of Karl's death. I haven't posted in here for a week due to some personal stuff, but I just wanted to say a few words about our inspirational friend Messy.

I never met Karl, but it's clear to anyone who got to know him a little on here that he was a lovely, considerate, funny person who showed such bravery, dignity and positivity after being told he was terminally ill and the traumatic experience he had to go through as his condition got progressively worse.

Despite everything he had to endure, he was always concerned about others and how they were doing. I think that endeared him to me more than anything.

This thread is Messy's legacy to GOT and we owe it to him to keep it going. I, for one, will continue to post here in his memory, but also because those who post regularly in here are such lovely people.

RIP Messy/Karl. So glad to have got to know you. I'll never forget you mate. X
Well said, mate! I hope all is well with you @Bluetintedspecs you know we are here for you too!

Dear, Karl. I’m still trying to process your loss and I have to be honest and tell you that I have cried a lot this afternoon, maybe I’m releasing all the sadness that I’m feeling at the thought of no hearing from you again but I know you are no longer suffering and that brings comfort to my heart. You have created something beautiful here on this thread. Thanks to you many of us here have become friends and have gotten used to come here at your coffee room to check on each other and I know we will continue doing so, this thread is your legacy here at GOT. A place where posters will still be able to stop by to give each other support and be nice to one another as you wished it to be. Adios amigo!

@Sassy Colombian you were an angel on here for Karl and the rest of us checking in on each other.

Karl’s Coffee Room (Even though he preferred tea ?)

This lad has created a beautiful safe haven on GOT.

@Sassy Colombian you were an angel on here for Karl and the rest of us checking in on each other.

Karl’s Coffee Room (Even though he preferred tea ?)

This lad has created a beautiful safe haven on GOT.
Thanks for the kind words @Armaghtoffee Karl was an inspiration so I couldn’t be more grateful that I had the opportunity of getting to know him and be here for him, we all have been here for each other. His haven is full of angels, although he is the first one to fly away.

Hahahaha, he and I both enjoy more tea than coffee but he indeed called it our coffee room.

440BE0C1-FC81-49B3-88AC-0923A9DAA5CB.jpeg

So sad to hear that news. What an inspiration he was.
And, fwiw, you people who have supported him through this awful time deserve a medal too.
Better to have loved and lost though. You all seem stronger and better for this experience and this friendship, even though it is tinged with pain and sadness today.
RIP Karl. And I hope you can draw strength for your memories.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back