Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good evening my lovelies. What a sad day today has been. I've been thinking a lot about Messy, as we all have. Such dignity, such warmth and such a beautiful soul. It's also made me think about friendship. I like many of the people in this forum without knowing them. They make me smile, they are good decent folks. The Depression thread is one of the most amazing things ever. The support is phenomenal. Over the last few months I feel that I have actually made friends with people on here. and in other conversations - The GOT ladies are now a tight little bunch! We've all shared parts of our lives, we've chatted about rubbish and more serious matters. I've never met any of the people on here but this forum has shown that you can have friends who you have never met and who you genuinely care about. Long may it continue.
I cannot help but feel that this is important for the general health of the forum. x

Thank you for asking Armaghtoffee. Lady wife in hospital. She had fluid on the lungs and they had to drain off. Removed 2 litres worth. Not sure when she is coming home, hopefully tomorrow. If it's not tomorrow it will be Monday as they don't discharge patients on Sundays. The mega sad news about Messy has really shaken me to the core, so just off to bed and some prayers for Messy and her indoors.
Wishing your lovely wife a speedy recovery mate.

I have woken early this morning and have been thinking about our strong friend and this came to mind about the male Skylark.

The small, 'Everton blue' bird climbs vertically into the sky: a territorial tactic used by male skylarks to show their strength. No other British bird is capable of sustaining such a loud and complex song while hovering high above the ground.

And this piece of magic.

Good morning mascoteers.
Well back in Spain …. Unexpected but a lovely pleasure … I’m fond of my hone and it’s comforts …
My new urology consultant in Manchester needs to get a flack jacket though because my beautiful but scarily efficient daughter is on his case …. he seems to have annoyed her by not taking seriously the losing of some of my records in a transfer if my case from one hospital to another
I feel for him I really do
The world seems strange today knowing Karl won’t be reading these morning ramblings but I for one will continue … sharing is nice here

Good morning mascoteers.
Well back in Spain …. Unexpected but a lovely pleasure … I’m fond of my hone and it’s comforts …
My new urology consultant in Manchester needs to get a flack jacket though because my beautiful but scarily efficient daughter is on his case …. he seems to have annoyed her by not taking seriously the losing of some of my records in a transfer if my case from one hospital to another
I feel for him I really do
The world seems strange today knowing Karl won’t be reading these morning ramblings but I for one will continue … sharing is nice here
Scarily efficient daughters are a great secret weapon!

Never contributed to this thread before, bit close a situation to my brother's a couple of years back so any input would have been clumsy.
Sometimes complete strangers can affect and influence a life selflessly and with positivity, this despite their own 'situation'.
I think it's testament to that that this thread be a legacy, a help resource and warrants a place in the forum's history.
We can't have a park bench but I'm sure this thread could be pinned or the mental health thread have his name added as a tribute?
Rest in peace blue brother. X

Never contributed to this thread before, bit close a situation to my brother's a couple of years back so any input would have been clumsy.
Sometimes complete strangers can affect and influence a life selflessly and with positivity, this despite their own 'situation'.
I think it's testament to that that this thread be a legacy, a help resource and warrants a place in the forum's history.
We can't have a park bench but I'm sure this thread could be pinned or the mental health thread have his name added as a tribute?
Rest in peace blue brother. X
Same, didn't delve in too much - partly because of my own feelings and also not wanting to say anything silly or that might detract.

But indeed, what an epic shame. Seemed a lovely lad and brought out the best of GOT.

Morning everyone,

Still a bit numb from the news of Karl's passing.

We a knew it was coming but the occurrence makes it no less shocking and upsetting.

OK. So we had our Table Tennis club Christmas do last night and I raised a glass or 2 of red to Messy.

We all took lateral flow tests but Southport was surprisingly busy.

It remains to be seen if it was a good or bad decision but we all took the view that with sensible precautions you have to live your life and can't lock yourself away for ever.

So I will take another LF test tomorrow and again on 23rd before we have a family Christmas gathering.

Haven't put the Dec's up yet so that's our job for today.

Stay safe everyone and try to have a good weekend.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back