Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Was that Barry Wilkos son ?
Yes it was. Barry John, or BJ as he was known. Barry was dead proud of him. He did great really having gone to Speke Comp. He did his A levels at St Edwards. BJ was the youngest. I'm not sure if you remember BJ was born a few days after Barry's daughter, Ann-Marie gave birth to her little girl. It was quite strange really having both mother and daughter next door expecting at the same time. Nothing to do with me like, but there were a few looks cast at my elder brother who was renowned for being a ladies man lol

We lived off Brodie Avenue when we were kids. Going to the baths in Speke was one of our favourite things. A proper adventure - completely unsupervised as was the norm in those days. Used to get the 80 bus and go there. Far superior to Garston Baths which we could walk to.
I always used to enjoy going upstairs to the cafe afterwards. ;)

@Bluetintedspecs Good to know it is nothing to be worried about ?

Seems like you had a fun time with the kiddos, how was Spider-Man? Hopefully more entertaining than my bite.

@larbert toffee My heart also continues to feel subdue by Karl’s loss but I am trying yo cheer myself up by the vision @anjelikaferrett just narrated of Karl being with the angels and spreading the word up there about Everton, those angels are up for a treat!

@blue1948 thanks for the good wishes and for honouring Karl’s memory when his photo is shown at Goodison. When you stand up you will be representing all of us that can’t be there in person but will be there in heart. X

Thanks, Jazzy. Some of my best pics are on my good camera but I won’t be downloading those until I get home but tbh this country is so gorgeous and clean (one thing that has surprised me is no litter on the streets or roads) that there is no way to take a bad shot.

Enjoy your yoga and TV, but I was wondering if you are also a spurs fan? or want them to do well for our own Everton purposes?

Thanks for the good wishes, Ange. I have been trying to stay away from the bugs they just don’t seem to want to get away from me, as my hubby and daughter have not deal with the same issues. But better me than them, as they both can be a little wimpy.

Lalochezia seems a word I should have known for a while, now I’m just trying to figure out how this Colombian would pronounce it. Any tips lol

Oh Fred, you shall know by now that I need no excuse for such things. I'm as flamboyant as they come ?

I hope your visit with the family of four went well and that they enjoyed your curry. Btw, have you posted your curry recipe and the rice one yet? I forgive your tardiness because you have been busy but sometime after the New Year when you find yourself with spare time then share it with us. Xx

Thanks @Gwladysover thankfully I don’t have a spider phobia but my daughter does so once again I’m glad it wasn’t her.
Spider-Man was really good Sassy, lovely way to spend the afternoon. Like all Marvel films, it of course points to further films but I recommend.

Never heard of St Austins. Wasn't Bellerive the posh one with the green uniforms by Sefton Park. Cal went to St Hilda;s.
No, That was Belvedere. We were the convent ones who wore brown and gold! One bus stop further along the road towards town than St Hildas. Our school was sprawled across Ullet Road and had buildings backing onto Sefton Park and Princes Park. I knew a few girls who went to St Hildas, probably not in Cal's year - all either slightly older or slightly younger.

No, That was Belvedere. We were the convent ones who wore brown and gold! One bus stop further along the road towards town than St Hildas. Our school was sprawled across Ullet Road and had buildings backing onto Sefton Park and Princes Park. I knew a few girls who went to St Hildas, probably not in Cal's year - all either slightly older or slightly younger.
Ahh. The brown uniforms with the funny hats and skirts all the way down to the knees.

So tell me Anj. How does a nice convent girl like yourself end up with a PhD in lalochezia? lol

Sad to hear that mate.

I see you mentioned Oxygen. Over where i am people bought several small oxygen cannisters when covid was really spiking. So i did the same...probably about 1/2 a foot long, very light and seem to be easy to use (not needed to open one yet).

With all the covid, stress related and other major problems going on i think people would be wise to have one in the car / home etc...

...probably not something you would think to have in a golf buggy but perhaps in the bag or vice versa?

Anyway, something to think about and no doubt will be very cheap...probably £3-4 or something like that at most.
I meant to say oxygen to the brain, which stopped due to his heart and lungs not working. Only takes a few minutes before the brain can suffer serious damage. I'm not sure these oxygen bottles would have been any help in these particular circumstances, but I agree they are handy to have around in these covid times.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back