Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this sunny day .
News from the doctor is that I have Myeloma which for the uninformed is a cancer of the blood cells in bone marrow if I understand correctly . So not good news but on the other side it could be that it started when I had a hip disease as a child and has lay dormant . So next up is an MRI scan on my left hip and blood tests monthly to see if this marker changes for the worse .
If it doesn't there will be no need for treatment if it does the cancer can sometimes be aggressive and I will need an injection and tablets . So they are a bit up in the air with the prognosis until this MRI and the next bloods .
I googled a bit and the life expectancy for five years is 79% so that puts me at 80 which is about the expected life span for me now !
It is funny as I wasn't worried going there and I am not concerned now ,it will be what it will be .
I hope all are well and had a good night followed by a fine day today COYB

News from the doctor is that I have Myeloma which for the uninformed is a cancer of the blood cells in bone marrow if I understand correctly . So not good news but on the other side it could be that it started when I had a hip disease as a child and has lay dormant . So next up is an MRI scan on my left hip and blood tests monthly to see if this marker changes for the worse .
If it doesn't there will be no need for treatment if it does the cancer can sometimes be aggressive and I will need an injection and tablets . So they are a bit up in the air with the prognosis until this MRI and the next bloods .
I googled a bit and the life expectancy for five years is 79% so that puts me at 80 which is about the expected life span for me now !
It is funny as I wasn't worried going there and I am not concerned now ,it will be what it will be .
So sorry to hear that Blue and praying that the tests show it to be non aggressive. Great that you're being so stoic though, but try and stop googling about it. Your doctors will tell you all you need to know when they have more information. I'm sure you're in good hands.💙

Now. About that cat.

So sorry to hear that Blue and praying that the tests show it to be non aggressive. Great that you're being so stoic though, but try and stop googling about it. Your doctors will tell you all you need to know when they have more information. I'm sure you're in good hands.💙

Now. About that cat.
Yes Fred you are totally correct and I am not reading the doom and gloom that is posted on google mainly because the doctor warned me that there is a lot of rubbish about this particular cancer and it can be so variable in its effect on your life . The good hands is nice to hear as she was a young lady from the Ukraine .

No good spin to put on that news blue but your attitude will get you through anything life throws at you. It is out of your hands now but always have faith in the doctors to get you sorted and mates on here to keep your head up.

Dreadfully sorry to hear what you are going through Blue, hopefully the result comes down in your favour……

So sorry to hear your news and I hope that the results give you the positive news. Keep on with that great attitude, it will help you no end, but it’s ok to have a wobble too. It’s amazing what great care there is and it sounds like you are in good hands 💙

Well I've had a good day. Had the neighbours round for coffee this morning which we enjoyed sat out in the sunshine. Did OK af Ascot. Enjoyed a couple of pre dinner cocktails (Margaritas, Cals fave). Even the football didn't ruin it as I switched off. Then had a lovely meal of fillet steak followed by strawberries and ice cream (Cal's faves). Just enjoying a nice Malbec (my fave) watching a proper footie match before finishing the night watching Fisherman's Friends (Cal's fave).

I need to start coping with days like today and I feel I've done well. It's a mindset of celebrating rather than commiserating. 💙
Sorry I wasn’t on here yesterday to acknowledge your important day but it sounds like you coped magnificently and what a lovely way to reflect on what was obviously a wonderful marriage 💙

Sorry to hear Blue sending you best wishes and hopefully a positive outcome, I was going to say stay strong but judging from your post you have that in hand

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back