Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this sunny day .
News from the doctor is that I have Myeloma which for the uninformed is a cancer of the blood cells in bone marrow if I understand correctly . So not good news but on the other side it could be that it started when I had a hip disease as a child and has lay dormant . So next up is an MRI scan on my left hip and blood tests monthly to see if this marker changes for the worse .
If it doesn't there will be no need for treatment if it does the cancer can sometimes be aggressive and I will need an injection and tablets . So they are a bit up in the air with the prognosis until this MRI and the next bloods .
I googled a bit and the life expectancy for five years is 79% so that puts me at 80 which is about the expected life span for me now !
It is funny as I wasn't worried going there and I am not concerned now ,it will be what it will be .
I hope all are well and had a good night followed by a fine day today COYB
So sorry to hear your news, sending positive thoughts and best wishes to you. Hopefully the news will be good after the MRI .💙

Well I've had a good day. Had the neighbours round for coffee this morning which we enjoyed sat out in the sunshine. Did OK af Ascot. Enjoyed a couple of pre dinner cocktails (Margaritas, Cals fave). Even the football didn't ruin it as I switched off. Then had a lovely meal of fillet steak followed by strawberries and ice cream (Cal's faves). Just enjoying a nice Malbec (my fave) watching a proper footie match before finishing the night watching Fisherman's Friends (Cal's fave).

I need to start coping with days like today and I feel I've done well. It's a mindset of celebrating rather than commiserating. 💙
That's awesome. A lovely day x

News from the doctor is that I have Myeloma which for the uninformed is a cancer of the blood cells in bone marrow if I understand correctly . So not good news but on the other side it could be that it started when I had a hip disease as a child and has lay dormant . So next up is an MRI scan on my left hip and blood tests monthly to see if this marker changes for the worse .
If it doesn't there will be no need for treatment if it does the cancer can sometimes be aggressive and I will need an injection and tablets . So they are a bit up in the air with the prognosis until this MRI and the next bloods .
I googled a bit and the life expectancy for five years is 79% so that puts me at 80 which is about the expected life span for me now !
It is funny as I wasn't worried going there and I am not concerned now ,it will be what it will be .
Sorry to hear your news Blue. Hopefully it will be the non aggressive type. You have exactly the right attitude towards it. Sending positive vibes to you x

So sorry to hear of the diagnosis, fingers crossed for better news ahead.

Morning everyone,

Mrs J bought a rug yesterday. The negotiation between her and the Turkish guy selling it was just like watching a really good ping pong match.

It's was only at the end when she got it for the price that she wanted that she asked me which of the 2 I preferred.

I told her ( genuinely) the cheaper one and not the one she had bought. "Oh well not to worry" she said and as she turned around to speak to the salesman again smashed her foot on a wooden box. She thinks she's broken her little toe. The words instant karma sprung to mind.

@blue1948 so sorry to read you post , hope the MRI goes well.

Anyway have a lovely day everyone.

Good morning all on tghis sunny day . I hope all are well and had a great night .
Thanks to all the well wishers it means a lot .My attitude is not stoic or anything admirable it is purely realism ,you can change somethings but not others ,I am sure the support on here might be needed but as I have no pain specific to the cancer I feel a bit of a fraud accepting .
Have a great day all COYB
Hopefully we only have one word to say to Moshiri -goodbye .

Good morning all on tghis sunny day . I hope all are well and had a great night .
Thanks to all the well wishers it means a lot .My attitude is not stoic or anything admirable it is purely realism ,you can change somethings but not others ,I am sure the support on here might be needed but as I have no pain specific to the cancer I feel a bit of a fraud accepting .
You do yourself a disservice blue. Processing difficult news isn’t easy but you have done so very admirably.

That’s the way Blue, the one thing you can guarantee is support from here if needed.

In respect of Moshiri, and being fair you may wish to add goodbye… “thanks for the stadium “…….

Good evening from sunny Port Sunlight where we are staying tonight. Just getting ready for the birthday party and on e we are done, a couple of pints and then off to Wallasey for the do. Mr F has never been to Port Sunlight and is very impressed. He also liked the Mersey tunnel.
I had to look this up, never heard of it before! Looks very picturesque indeed.

Presently watching the last of my planned 4 games in a row. Many snacks and much beer has been consumed but my arse is well and truly numb now.

I had to look this up, never heard of it before! Looks very picturesque indeed.

Presently watching the last of my planned 4 games in a row. Many snacks and much beer has been consumed but my arse is well and truly numb now.

Port Sunlight is a wonderful village, you should pay a visit and also have a look at the Lady Lever Art Gallery if you get to go there…..

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back