Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this sunny day .
News from the doctor is that I have Myeloma which for the uninformed is a cancer of the blood cells in bone marrow if I understand correctly . So not good news but on the other side it could be that it started when I had a hip disease as a child and has lay dormant . So next up is an MRI scan on my left hip and blood tests monthly to see if this marker changes for the worse .
If it doesn't there will be no need for treatment if it does the cancer can sometimes be aggressive and I will need an injection and tablets . So they are a bit up in the air with the prognosis until this MRI and the next bloods .
I googled a bit and the life expectancy for five years is 79% so that puts me at 80 which is about the expected life span for me now !
It is funny as I wasn't worried going there and I am not concerned now ,it will be what it will be .
I hope all are well and had a good night followed by a fine day today COYB
Just catching up, sorry to read your news . Good luck with your MRI and bloods 👍

Evening all. A good time was had at the party. Much vodka was consumed and a few moves were busted out on the dance floor. Now back in our hotel.
@Armaghtoffee PortSunlight was built by Lord Lever so that his workers would have somewhere nice to live. Similar to the Cadbury family built Bournville near Birmingham. Here's a pic I took earlier View attachment 261822
Glad you had a good time.

Looks lovely there and much as I remember it.

The village always reminded me of Wavertree Garden Suberb/ Moss Nook.

Morning all ,it seems the larks have been making a noise for a while .I hope all had a good night and are due a wonderful day today .
The port sunlight model was to enrich the lives of the workers whilst taking all the wages back ,the same at Bourneville and lots of Welsh coal mines it will have benefitted the workers and they would have spent their pay but a very wise move from the owners .
Tomorrow is D-Day for the car ,we still haven't had it back so I am going to ask for the Qashqai we traded in about five months ago and start again looking for an auto . Have a great day all COYB

Evening all. A good time was had at the party. Much vodka was consumed and a few moves were busted out on the dance floor. Now back in our hotel.
@Armaghtoffee PortSunlight was built by Lord Lever so that his workers would have somewhere nice to live. Similar to the Cadbury family built Bournville near Birmingham. Here's a pic I took earlier View attachment 261822
Looks beautiful and very typically English. Also had to google Lord Lever- now there was a man ahead of his time.

It’s lovely. Looks like a chocolate box.

Just see a film on Sky about a character I had never heard of - Brendan ‘Paddy’ Finucane, a Spitfire pilot during WW2. Won’t have time to watch it today with another football marathon planned but I most certainly will add it to the list.
I’m a bad sleeper and often wake in the night. To while away the hours I listen to podcasts. Came across this, it’s amazing and very sad how much of our history is hidden.

I’m a bad sleeper and often wake in the night. To while away the hours I listen to podcasts. Came across this, it’s amazing and very sad how much of our history is hidden.

What an amazing man. Some people are just destined to achieve great things and be remembered.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back