Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hola, comrades. Did some PT this morning, light surgery in 2 hours...'kin starvin Marvin ova' here; doesn't help with all my other restrictions on sustenance going on. Gonna do some steamed cauliflower with lemon pepper seasoning when I get back (can't believe I said that).
Good luck. Enjoy the cauli! X

Hi folks. Very hot today but the hot weather warning in place for the next few days affects all of England and Wales except the North East. For a small fee I'll let you come visit a cooler climate🤣. After tea me and Mr F are going to have a beer in the garden.
I'm so glad DCL isn't going to Newcastle. It looks like he's off somewhere but it would kill me seeing him turn out for that lot!
Hope you got the car sorted Blue

Hi folks. Very hot today but the hot weather warning in place for the next few days affects all of England and Wales except the North East. For a small fee I'll let you come visit a cooler climate🤣. After tea me and Mr F are going to have a beer in the garden.
I'm so glad DCL isn't going to Newcastle. It looks like he's off somewhere but it would kill me seeing him turn out for that lot!
Hope you got the car sorted Blue
We don’t seem to be getting the really warm weather here either but still 22° out there at the minute having said that. Now I don’t mind the lovely weather at all but I reserve the right to complain if I can’t sleep with it.

Similarly delighted that Dom isn’t for Newcastle. If he does really want to leave then I hope it’s abroad.

Give them hell mate……
They have been very good , it is not as bad here with used cars ,we have had a car on loan for weeks free of charge , they do try hard but in our situation ,I want things sorted . I haven't said anything to the wife but she knows we will have to move before my demise as this house is far too big and the workload far too much for her ,if the worst fears are confirmed .So I am having to wait but form a plan of action just in case and thinking if ,when they sort it is not on the top of my list .

They have been very good , it is not as bad here with used cars ,we have had a car on loan for weeks free of charge , they do try hard but in our situation ,I want things sorted . I haven't said anything to the wife but she knows we will have to move before my demise as this house is far too big and the workload far too much for her ,if the worst fears are confirmed .So I am having to wait but form a plan of action just in case and thinking if ,when they sort it is not on the top of my list .

Let’s hope your worst fears are not confirmed. However if they are it is sensible and pragmatic to make the appropriate plans while you can. My mate who has lung cancer has now been given a forecast of weeks, maybe a few months. The problem he is facing is that his decline is now happening at a rate of knots that is overtaking his physical ability to make things happen. I know this all sounds very depressing, but I think you are right to prepare just in case. But I pray for you that you receive a positive outcome…….

35 degrees? Are you in warmer climes @jazzy or is this what I have to look forward to when I get home on Thursday 😀
Hi everyone,

Yes Val been away in Kalkan , Turkey for the last week.

Sorry I kept that a bit quiet but Mrs J is paranoid about an internet troll finding out we are away and taking advantage .

Anyway as they used to say on the through the keyhole , the clues were there.

Had a great time but boy it was hot and we had to put ridiculous preparations in place for people to look after and visit mum whilst we were away .

She won't have it but unless my cousin is able to stay and look after her she will have to go in respite care whilst we are away next time.

I will try to post some photos later. You know I'm hopeless at that but it seems that when someone sends me a photo it is automatically resized and accepted on ( like the baby badger / racoon whilst we were away) so I will ask Mrs J to WhatsApp me some

Anyway loads to do today , see to mum , cut grass , and do her shopping so no usual Tuesday ping pong.

Actually we are still both knackered as we only got back about 2 am.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back