Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi all. Just about to settle in to watch the England match. I have beer, we've had our tea and the garden is watered. Hopefully there will be a performance to make people happy.
Hope you are feeling OK @Gwladys St. Glory
I'm absolutely not jealous of @jazzy and @Val P on their hollibobs.
I also hope @Ducans elbow gets his water sorted. That must be a nightmare
I wouldn't bother with the England game , it's worse than watching Everton

Thank you. We did also manage to cross another Greek island off the list when we visited Meiss as the Turks call it or Kastellorzio as I think the Greeks refer to it.

The bureaucracy and delays to get in and out were ridiculous.

Lovely little island though with a horseshoe bay like a mini Symi and a handful of taverna's.

Will try to post a photo
It’s on my list of islands to visit but it’s such an outlier it’s a pain to get to by ferry from other Greek islands. It looks gorgeous

Hi all. Just about to settle in to watch the England match. I have beer, we've had our tea and the garden is watered. Hopefully there will be a performance to make people happy.
Hope you are feeling OK @Gwladys St. Glory
I'm absolutely not jealous of @jazzy and @Val P on their hollibobs.
I also hope @Ducans elbow gets his water sorted. That must be a nightmare

I'm alright, cheers Ange...they couldn't perform the balloon angioplasty on my fistula yesterday due to a vein restriction so I go back in on Friday. Thankfully all these procedures I've had done don't come out of my pocketbook or they'd have to start offering me buy one, get two free deal to keep me on the table. 😉

Good morning all on this fine sunny day ,oh for a drop of rain ! I hope all are well and had a good night 's sleep . I have been taking rose suckers for our two roses and I am replanting them in a large bed white around the outside and a kind of cerise pink in the centre that has a lovely clove scent .They are species roses not tea roses or floribunda ,it is surprising but these two will probably have 40/50 suckers .I will have a job watering for the foreseeable !
Have a great day all COYB .
I went to bed after 30 mins of England's game and I am about to watch the "highlights "now to find out the result .

It’s on my list of islands to visit but it’s such an outlier it’s a pain to get to by ferry from other Greek islands. It looks gorgeous
That's interesting. Whilst we were there we chatted about how difficult it would be to get there if you didn't visit via Turkey and I said to Mrs J that even though it was a long way from any other Greek islands there was no way that the Greeks would allow themselves to be dependant upon Turkey .

I presume that there would be a ferry from Rhodes.

There were a lot of hotels for such a tiny island.

Morning all, bit misty here at the moment but wall to wall sun and 28 degrees forecast so is going to be very hot at granddaughters’ school fete this afternoon. Hannah is running a “Guess where the Bear lives” stall so will be spending a lot on that no doubt and Jess’s class have been making stress balls, have been told by her to go to that stall first as in previous years they have sold out fast. I wonder why. :lol:
Have a good day, all.💙

Hey guys, hope you're all well and enjoying a bit of sun for a change, a whole 2 days on the trot with no rain.

I am around lurking more than posting, not that there's anything up, I just don't feel anything I have done is worth sharing, my life is quite dull :( I think I have been stung or bit on my leg, the joys of wearing shorts. I did treat myself to some waterproof hiking boots for taking Daisy out. It rains so much I feel they're a good investment.

Daisy hasn't had any incidents recently touch wood, although she is stressing me out with the eating everything, I shouldn't let it bother me, it's not a new thing but it does, it drives me mad and I cba with it.

England are plop aren't they. I'm not sure what to make of what's going on regards ownership, we seem to be being linked to a lot of players seeing as we're breaching or close to again. Have to say the Friedkin's look a professional outfit and we desperately need that.

Catch you all soon guys.

Hey guys, hope you're all well and enjoying a bit of sun for a change, a whole 2 days on the trot with no rain.

I am around lurking more than posting, not that there's anything up, I just don't feel anything I have done is worth sharing, my life is quite dull :( I think I have been stung or bit on my leg, the joys of wearing shorts. I did treat myself to some waterproof hiking boots for taking Daisy out. It rains so much I feel they're a good investment.

Daisy hasn't had any incidents recently touch wood, although she is stressing me out with the eating everything, I shouldn't let it bother me, it's not a new thing but it does, it drives me mad and I cba with it.

England are plop aren't they. I'm not sure what to make of what's going on regards ownership, we seem to be being linked to a lot of players seeing as we're breaching or close to again. Have to say the Friedkin's look a professional outfit and we desperately need that.

Catch you all soon guys.
I know what you're saying re dogs and their disgusting eating habits. 🤢
Last night I saw the biggest house spider (by far) that I've ever seen.
Now I'm not at all bothered by spiders but this thing was the size of a small mouse. :eek:
As I was pondering on my plan of attack to remove it from the living room, the dog wandered in and quickly demonstrated it's own disgusting way of dealing with eight legged intruders. :lol:

Chewed and swallowed without a second thought. 🤷‍♂️

Catch you all soon guys.
Agree with all that T especially England and our new American overlords

I know what you're saying re dogs and their disgusting eating habits. 🤢
Last night I saw the biggest house spider (by far) that I've ever seen.
Now I'm not at all bothered by spiders but this thing was the size of a small mouse. :eek:
As I was pondering on my plan of attack to remove it from the living room, the dog wandered in and quickly demonstrated it's own disgusting way of dealing with eight legged intruders. :lol:

Chewed and swallowed without a second thought. 🤷‍♂️
If your pooch starts growing four extra legs Kev I'd start to worry.😀

Catch you all soon guys.
Good to hear from you mate. Think some Daisy pics are overdue. Preferably when she isn't eating 😀

Good morning all on this fine sunny day ,oh for a drop of rain ! I hope all are well and had a good night 's sleep . I have been taking rose suckers for our two roses and I am replanting them in a large bed white around the outside and a kind of cerise pink in the centre that has a lovely clove scent .They are species roses not tea roses or floribunda ,it is surprising but these two will probably have 40/50 suckers .I will have a job watering for the foreseeable !
Have a great day all COYB .
I went to bed after 30 mins of England's game and I am about to watch the "highlights "now to find out the result .
Didn't you read Jazzy's post? 😀

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back