Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi folks. It's a gorgeous day here. I have both toes and legs out - shorts and sandals. I think it's a first for this year.
England were so dull last night. I know Southgate is cautious by nature but I'm sure he's never been this negative. I'm also glad that "Trent" has been found out. I've never rated him. Bang average at best.
I've got a new app on my phone that identifies birdsong. I am far too excited about this than I should be🤣. So far I have identified a wren, a goldfinch, a yellowhammer and a jackdaw.
Nice to hear from you @Terrarian. I hope your Mum's appointments have gone well @jazzy . Enjoy the sunshine everyone x

It will be worth it. Remember the Blair election when " name " after "name " lost their seat. The champagne opened when Portillo went west ( must confess I quite like his train journeys).

Got some vintage stuff for when Braverman is ousted 😆
Love it. She's an evil witch isn't she - much like Priti Patel. I like Portillo's train journeys too.
I've been happily breaking the Civil Service code on impartiality by leafletting for our Labour candidate- more to do on Sunday. We've moved constituencies. We used to be City of Durham which was the only Labour MP in Durham after the last election. We are now Spennymoor and Newton Aycliffe which is Tory but has a very strong BNP following.

Hi folks. It's a gorgeous day here. I have both toes and legs out - shorts and sandals. I think it's a first for this year.
England were so dull last night. I know Southgate is cautious by nature but I'm sure he's never been this negative. I'm also glad that "Trent" has been found out. I've never rated him. Bang average at best.
I've got a new app on my phone that identifies birdsong. I am far too excited about this than I should be🤣. So far I have identified a wren, a goldfinch, a yellowhammer and a jackdaw.
Nice to hear from you @Terrarian. I hope your Mum's appointments have gone well @jazzy . Enjoy the sunshine everyone x
For 12 months I've been telling mum that her ears are full of wax."No their not " and her hearing has got progressively worse.

So resolved on holiday to have a final go at her hearing by syringing, cleaning her hearing aids ( she doesn't let me touch them ) and then taking her to the hospital to have her hearing reassessed.

Lady came today and surprise surprise both ears full of wax. Massive chunks later and with hearing aids checked and fine she can now hear properly again.

On the negative side her wound isn't healing so it will need to be escalated.

Ah well one out of two ain't bad.

Mowgli.

A friend knows the owner through a business women's network group and said she's opened a chain of them. Jazzy may know more.

Would recommend the Tamarind chips
Yep knew her dad who was a GP in Skem . Despite her going to the bar in Liverpool I never met her.

Mowgli have opened a lot , and I mean a lot of new restaurants recently and there were some rumours that finance might be a problem.

Hope not it's a fab restaurant.

For 12 months I've been telling mum that her ears are full of wax."No their not " and her hearing has got progressively worse.

So resolved on holiday to have a final go at her hearing by syringing, cleaning her hearing aids ( she doesn't let me touch them ) and then taking her to the hospital to have her hearing reassessed.

Lady came today and surprise surprise both ears full of wax. Massive chunks later and with hearing aids checked and fine she can now hear properly again.

On the negative side her wound isn't healing so it will need to be escalated.

Ah well one out of two ain't bad.

Shouldn’t syringe ears as you can get infections and cause other problems. Microsuction is the best. They just suck the wax out bit by bit and keep checking using a camera, it’s far safer and more comfortable as your mum wouldn’t even notice the removal. They also normally give you a free camera check every year or eighteen months and your mum (and you) can see for herself exactly what’s in there…..

Yep knew her dad who was a GP in Skem . Despite her going to the bar in Liverpool I never met her.

Mowgli have opened a lot , and I mean a lot of new restaurants recently and there were some rumours that finance might be a problem.

Hope not it's a fab restaurant.
Which bar was that😀

Yeah I recall my friend saying she was a barrister. Sure she said she isn't practising now though I could be making that up. I was drunk for 90% of my last visit to the Pool.

Shouldn’t syringe ears as you can get infections and cause other problems. Microsuction is the best. They just suck the wax out bit by bit and keep checking using a camera, it’s far safer and more comfortable as your mum wouldn’t even notice the removal. They also normally give you a free camera check every year or eighteen months and your mum (and you) can see for herself exactly what’s in there…..
Sounds like a man who knows what he's talking about. Is that why you have selective hearing Pete. Asking for a friend. (99% of the CA forum😀)

I know what you're saying re dogs and their disgusting eating habits. 🤢
Last night I saw the biggest house spider (by far) that I've ever seen.
Now I'm not at all bothered by spiders but this thing was the size of a small mouse. :eek:
As I was pondering on my plan of attack to remove it from the living room, the dog wandered in and quickly demonstrated it's own disgusting way of dealing with eight legged intruders. :lol:

Chewed and swallowed without a second thought. 🤷‍♂️
I definitely think spiders are getting bigger AND faster. Recently I have also spotted ones that I have never seen before, not unusually big or anything but different colours (one was yellowish and another silvery).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back