Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

They have been very good , it is not as bad here with used cars ,we have had a car on loan for weeks free of charge , they do try hard but in our situation ,I want things sorted . I haven't said anything to the wife but she knows we will have to move before my demise as this house is far too big and the workload far too much for her ,if the worst fears are confirmed .So I am having to wait but form a plan of action just in case and thinking if ,when they sort it is not on the top of my list .
It isn't just the size of the house mate. It's also being in the middle of nowhere. I'm very conscious that if I ever become ill I won't be able to stay where I am simply because the public transport is so poor.

Anyway, let's not jump the gun. Fingers crossed it doesn't become an issue for you. 💙

View attachment 262086me and Mrs J with the lovely Kalkan in the background
That's lovely Jazz. You kept that quiet. Not that I'd have spotted the clues. I've been going through mental trauma the last few days as my favourite obsession dropped a new song at a live gig over the weekend and they've gone all country and western on me. Arrrgh.

Hi everyone,

Yes Val been away in Kalkan , Turkey for the last week.

Sorry I kept that a bit quiet but Mrs J is paranoid about an internet troll finding out we are away and taking advantage .

Anyway as they used to say on the through the keyhole , the clues were there.

Had a great time but boy it was hot and we had to put ridiculous preparations in place for people to look after and visit mum whilst we were away .

She won't have it but unless my cousin is able to stay and look after her she will have to go in respite care whilst we are away next time.

I will try to post some photos later. You know I'm hopeless at that but it seems that when someone sends me a photo it is automatically resized and accepted on ( like the baby badger / racoon whilst we were away) so I will ask Mrs J to WhatsApp me some

Anyway loads to do today , see to mum , cut grass , and do her shopping so no usual Tuesday ping pong.

Actually we are still both knackered as we only got back about 2 am.

Have a lovely day everyone.
The carpet haggling was a bit of a clue. ;)

Hi everyone,

Yes Val been away in Kalkan , Turkey for the last week.

Sorry I kept that a bit quiet but Mrs J is paranoid about an internet troll finding out we are away and taking advantage .

Anyway as they used to say on the through the keyhole , the clues were there.

Had a great time but boy it was hot and we had to put ridiculous preparations in place for people to look after and visit mum whilst we were away .

She won't have it but unless my cousin is able to stay and look after her she will have to go in respite care whilst we are away next time.

I will try to post some photos later. You know I'm hopeless at that but it seems that when someone sends me a photo it is automatically resized and accepted on ( like the baby badger / racoon whilst we were away) so I will ask Mrs J to WhatsApp me some

Anyway loads to do today , see to mum , cut grass , and do her shopping so no usual Tuesday ping pong.

Actually we are still both knackered as we only got back about 2 am.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Glad you had a lovely time, but a bit disappointed it’s not 35 degrees in the NW 😂

Great photos
Thank you. We did also manage to cross another Greek island off the list when we visited Meiss as the Turks call it or Kastellorzio as I think the Greeks refer to it.

The bureaucracy and delays to get in and out were ridiculous.

Lovely little island though with a horseshoe bay like a mini Symi and a handful of taverna's.

Will try to post a photo

I'm not! Just cut the grass and sweating buckets. About 23° today , plenty warm enough.

28C here in the Midlands, I nearly melted when I picked my granddaughter up from school. It was so nice to walk back into our cool house. I don’t do well in the heat, even the gardener looked a bit flushed today…I think I may ‘test’ the quality of our Lagers in the pub later, owner’s privilege to ensure we only serve the best…. 🍺

Still on water restrictions here, they fixed the main break but found 5 other large pipes had to be replaced ……

Repairs, flushing and water testing for Calgary’s damaged water main are on track to be completed by July 5, in time for the Calgary Stampede.

In the meantime, the city is supplying non-potable water to residents at six locations throughout the city.

Hi all. Just about to settle in to watch the England match. I have beer, we've had our tea and the garden is watered. Hopefully there will be a performance to make people happy.
Hope you are feeling OK @Gwladys St. Glory
I'm absolutely not jealous of @jazzy and @Val P on their hollibobs.
I also hope @Ducans elbow gets his water sorted. That must be a nightmare

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back