Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all on this sunny day here . I hope all are well and had a good night .It is the same here for electrical goods very few places but the service is much better than it seems in the UK ,I heard that reatilers can only sell goods that have a complete set of spares available here and there are still many repair shops for anything from sewing machines to loudspeakers in my experience .Have a great day all COYB.
I think we have avoided a further sanction as the rules state that transfers must be at least progressing before the deadline ,so as we have had enquiries for at least a few players then any one of them could still be sold to avoid the dreaded deduction.

It sounds like there is a dry connection -where the connection is bad and probably needs soldering ,it could be that there is a loose wire causing the same problem but as they are normally soldered I gave the first option .The thing to do is take the bulb/ shade off as they will rattle and gave it a gentle shake to see if there is anything rattling inside .That should tell you a bit more .
Alternatively bin it as a fire hazard

Morning all on this sunny day here . I hope all are well and had a good night .It is the same here for electrical goods very few places but the service is much better than it seems in the UK ,I heard that reatilers can only sell goods that have a complete set of spares available here and there are still many repair shops for anything from sewing machines to loudspeakers in my experience .Have a great day all COYB.
I think we have avoided a further sanction as the rules state that transfers must be at least progressing before the deadline ,so as we have had enquiries for at least a few players then any one of them could still be sold to avoid the dreaded deduction.
Can you really be sure that we've done enough PSR business given the management at Everton ?

It sounds like there is a dry connection -where the connection is bad and probably needs soldering ,it could be that there is a loose wire causing the same problem but as they are normally soldered I gave the first option .The thing to do is take the bulb/ shade off as they will rattle and gave it a gentle shake to see if there is anything rattling inside .That should tell you a bit more .
Thank you for your suggestions- one of those where you tap the base and each time you tap it it goes brighter. It’s ok on the first two taps but flickers on the third and brightest. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Hi folks. Just finished work and very much looking forward to my non-working day tomorrow. I'm meeting my friend for pie chips and peas at the Taylors pie factory cafe. It's always good! 🤣
After another tortuous experience with Amazon I have finally secured a refund on the defective washer. So a good result but I feel like it has taken years off my life!
58 days to my hols. I genuinely cannot wait.
Looking forward to the football tonight. I felt so sorry for Slovenia last night - they tried so hard.

Hi folks. Just finished work and very much looking forward to my non-working day tomorrow. I'm meeting my friend for pie chips and peas at the Taylors pie factory cafe. It's always good! 🤣
After another tortuous experience with Amazon I have finally secured a refund on the defective washer. So a good result but I feel like it has taken years off my life!
58 days to my hols. I genuinely cannot wait.
Looking forward to the football tonight. I felt so sorry for Slovenia last night - they tried so hard.
Great news about the refund. Enjoy your pie and chips tomorrow.

Morning everyone,

Table Tennis AGM at Southport last night and absolutely chucked it down as I drove home and seems to have continued throughout the night .

Managed to catch the 2nd half of the Austria Turkey game and what a match , even Mrs J was watching the last 5 minutes and what a save in the end. I remember Banks save v Pele and I think this one was even better given the wet surface and context of the match. Both teams were so much better than England.

No gardening today and honestly this weather is getting beyond a joke.

A very good friend of mine has organized a music festival for Saturday at his beautiful house set on the hill above Mawdesley .

7 years ago his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer . Fortunately she is all clear now but every year he arranged a festival to raise funds for Cancer research. Last year he raised over £7k and this year he hopes to hit £10k.

There are 3 bands including a Kylie tribute who plays on cruise ships and a band who appeared at Kendal Calling this year. All appear for free .

Obviously we are in the lap of the weather gods . I am desperate for it to be ok as he's put some much time and effort into it.

It's called PettsFest if anyone's interested and would like to support it. The raffle prizes are incredible, I don't know how he gets them. Last year I donated a couple of bottles of vintage wine and was embarrassed in contrast to other donations so this year I won't bother and just buy more tickets instead!

Guess today will just be gym and chilling, not even any football to look forward to

Anyway have a lovely day everyone.

Morning everyone,

Table Tennis AGM at Southport last night and absolutely chucked it down as I drove home and seems to have continued throughout the night .

Managed to catch the 2nd half of the Austria Turkey game and what a match , even Mrs J was watching the last 5 minutes and what a save in the end. I remember Banks save v Pele and I think this one was even better given the wet surface and context of the match. Both teams were so much better than England.

A very good friend of mine has organized a music festival for Saturday at his beautiful house set on the hill above Mawdesley .

7 years ago his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer . Fortunately she is all clear now but every year he arranged a festival to raise funds for Cancer research. Last year he raised over £7k and this year he hopes to hit £10k.

There are 3 bands including a Kylie tribute who plays on cruise ships and a band who appeared at Kendal Calling this year. All appear for free .

Obviously we are in the lap of the weather gods . I am desperate for it to be ok as he's put some much time and effort into it.

It's called PettsFest if anyone's interested and would like to support it. The raffle prizes are incredible, I don't know how he gets them. Last year I donated a couple of bottles of vintage wine and was embarrassed in contrast to other donations so this year I won't bother and just buy more tickets instead!

Guess today will just be gym and chilling, not even any football to look forward to

Good luck for the weather they deserve it .

Good morning all on the overcast day here ,we are praying for rain as it brings up the mushrooms ,it has been far too dry so we need a torrent or two . I hope all had a good night and have a great day today . Hopefully @jazzy just can't sleep and there are no problems at home getting him up . The Turkey match last night was a great watch ,as @jazzy says there are a few teams better than us and many playing better ,favourites my rear end ,you have to love the British press ! Have a great day all and may you get the weather you want .COYB

Morning everyone,

Fingers crossed for the weather, wish I could send them some sunshine but we’re all out of it here:( have sent a small donation though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back