Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Morning all, sunshine to greet the day here, no rain in the forecast either - well not until tomorrow. So to paraphrase the old song - Today’s Thursday - Thursday is washing day! One for the oldies amongst us.
Hope you are feeling better today, @Armaghtoffee and are able to vote.
@blue1948 I am sure that you are right in taking it that the important numbers were ok, surely they would have said if there was a cause for concern. Good luck for the scan next week.
@anjelikaferrett am I right that it is today Chris is at the hospital? Keeping everything crossed and sending good wishes to you all.
Have a good day, all.💙

Morning friends,

@Armaghtoffee hope you are feeling a bit better.

Massive day today . Rosie played ball and slept all night to enable me to get a really good kip in ( as Blue will be delighted to hear 😂) prior to my all nighter to watch the election results.

After participating in the democratic process I will hopefully get a bit of gardening done.

Mrs J at the rescue shop today so it's my turn to cook so I think veggie tacos will be the order of the day to sustain me through the night.

Mrs J says she will wait on the exit poll but that will be it for her , she thinks I'm mad staying up all night , each to their own I guess.

Anyway have a lovely day everyone.

Morning all, sunshine to greet the day here, no rain in the forecast either - well not until tomorrow. So to paraphrase the old song - Today’s Thursday - Thursday is washing day! One for the oldies amongst us.
Hope you are feeling better today, @Armaghtoffee and are able to vote.
@blue1948 I am sure that you are right in taking it that the important numbers were ok, surely they would have said if there was a cause for concern. Good luck for the scan next week.
@anjelikaferrett am I right that it is today Chris is at the hospital? Keeping everything crossed and sending good wishes to you all.
Have a good day, all.💙
Don’t think voting will be on the agenda for me unfortunately. My constituency is a very safe seat anyway for the incumbent party so my single vote wouldn’t make a difference anyway. I say that but I just don’t feel right not being able to cast my ballot.

Morning friends,

@Armaghtoffee hope you are feeling a bit better.

Massive day today . Rosie played ball and slept all night to enable me to get a really good kip in ( as Blue will be delighted to hear 😂) prior to my all nighter to watch the election results.

After participating in the democratic process I will hopefully get a bit of gardening done.

Mrs J at the rescue shop today so it's my turn to cook so I think veggie tacos will be the order of the day to sustain me through the night.

Mrs J says she will wait on the exit poll but that will be it for her , she thinks I'm mad staying up all night , each to their own I guess.

Anyway have a lovely day everyone.
I’m with you on this jazzy, pulling an all nighter is the only way to do an election.

I’m with you on this jazzy, pulling an all nighter is the only way to do an election.
Yep. We both voted first thing. Strange how a feeling of tightness occured knowing / thinking / hoping that we are helping in a tiny , microscopic way to bring about a fresh start.

Just for fun me and Mrs J did a sweep on how many seats we though Labour would get .

She said 421 , I went for 435 .

I thought the Tories would be down to 120 , Lib Dems around 40 SNP 35. I guess the Green and Reform might pick up a couple each .

I know you have 18 seats in NI but I honestly don't know enough about your local.politics to estimate numbers although I guess that Sinn Fein will be the largest party .

Can't wait for 10pm. I'm like a kid at Christmas.

I know

Yep. We both voted first thing. Strange how a feeling of tightness occured knowing / thinking / hoping that we are helping in a tiny , microscopic way to bring about a fresh start.

Just for fun me and Mrs J did a sweep on how many seats we though Labour would get .

I thought the Tories would be down to 120 , Lib Dems around 40 SNP 35. I guess the Green and Reform might pick up a couple each .

I know you have 18 seats in NI but I honestly don't know enough about your local.politics to estimate numbers although I guess that Sinn Fein will be the largest party .

I know
You are doing your bit for the greater good and it’s just right to feel that flutter on casting your vote.

My fear is that some Labour voters don’t turn out because they think their ballot isn’t needed given all the talk of super majorities. We are too close now to drop the ball!

On the Irish side, only 4 seats are really worth watching in terms of an upset, particularly Fermanagh South Tyrone- in previous elections the deciding margin was in single figures. A likely SF majority of seats, maybe 7 if it goes to plan. My own constituency, Newry and Armagh, is a foregone conclusion of a significant SF majority.

I know
Mrs bl and I would normally be up into the early hours then up again early but as we’re in different circumstances we’ll have to adapt. That 10.01 exit poll will be hugely interesting.

I think the SNP will be about 25-30 as a swath of seats across the central belt return to Labour from SNP . Strangely the Tory seats in Scotland are supposedly not following the UK trend and they’re predicted to retain 4-6 of the 6 seats they held. Lib Dems will retain their traditional seats but hard to see them making gains in Scotland . Reform won’t get any seats but seem to pick up votes from the disgruntled in all parties. Our new constituency is a bit of an unknown, so quite exciting that our votes will mean something.

Good morning all on this foggy day here . I hope all slept well and have a lovely day today ,my best wishes to @Armaghtoffee on his recovery from the deaded lurgy that is covid .They have stopped reporting numbers here so the threat must have waned .
My latest blood tests shows no considerable difference ! What does that mean ,I am taking it that the important numbers were OK which is a bit too optimistic in reality but we all hope .So on to the MRI next week with a smile on my face .Have a great day all COYB
Sounds like good news 🤞

Hi all. Happy election day. I am very excited about it and I'm going to stay up for as long as I possibly can.
You are right @Gwladysover Chris had his scan. He said he was very brave 🤣 and it went OK. The results should be available for the oncologist when he sees him next week. Everything is pointing to good results but there's always that little voice in the back of your head....
Hope you are feeling better @Armaghtoffee and your blood results sound positive as well @blue1948.
I've been to the gym after work and made spaghetti and meatballs for tea. Very nice.
I've had a couple of health issues myself recently. I've just been diagnosed as lactose intolerant and I'm also vitamin B12 deficient. Who knew you could suddenly become lactose intolerant? Anyway I bought some lactose free milk, did a bit of cheese research (cheddar, emmental and parmesan are OK) and feel much better.
Not much else to say other than it's blowing a gale today.
Have a good evening and I might catch up with some ofcthe night owls later.

Hi all. Happy election day. I am very excited about it and I'm going to stay up for as long as I possibly can.
You are right @Gwladysover Chris had his scan. He said he was very brave 🤣 and it went OK. The results should be available for the oncologist when he sees him next week. Everything is pointing to good results but there's always that little voice in the back of your head....
Hope you are feeling better @Armaghtoffee and your blood results sound positive as well @blue1948.
I've been to the gym after work and made spaghetti and meatballs for tea. Very nice.
I've had a couple of health issues myself recently. I've just been diagnosed as lactose intolerant and I'm also vitamin B12 deficient. Who knew you could suddenly become lactose intolerant? Anyway I bought some lactose free milk, did a bit of cheese research (cheddar, emmental and parmesan are OK) and feel much better.
Glad everything went well for Chris and I really hope that next week the little voice will be silenced forever. Glad you are feeling better too after your diagnosis, strange how you can suddenly become intolerant of something. My brother-in-law was diagnosed with coeliac disease, at age 68 he had become intolerant to gluten.

Lactose intolerance is very common here along with the symptoms ! My wife has it ,we eat a lot of cheeses and so far she has no effect from them ,try different milks because one of the guys I worked with had a sister that suffered from it ,when traveling she never seemed to get it in certain places ,she attributed that to the milk being "made " in a different way .How is MrF with his irregular heartbeat ?So nice it looks good for Chris as well .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back