Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

What a night that was, history in front of our eyes. Some big names cast into the political wilderness and what wonderful viewing it made. The story of the election here will be the fall of the House of Paisley in North Antrim. I can’t say I am welcoming the new man (TUV/Reform) but that shouldn’t detract from the significance of the moment.

What a night! A real shift in the political landscape. The demise of the SNP in Scotland was almost as spectacular as the collapse of the Conservative vote. I flicked between Sky (Andy Burnham was on) and Ch4 which provided Alastair Campbell and Nadine Dorries making no efforts to conceal how much they hate each other.
We will soon have the first female Chancellor ever. That's an amazing stat.
I'm just about to log on to work. I've had about 5 hours sleep - should be enough to keep me going. The 1 am chicken nuggets provided much needed refreshment😀.
Have a great day x

Morning everyone,

😆 😆 😆.

I think AT beat me in the all nighter stakes . After a bottle of Douro , 4 samosas,a cup of tea and a crumpet I eventually fell asleep at 5.30 but not before I saw Shapps OUT, Mordaunt OUT, Rees-Mogg OUT , Coffey OUT, Keegan OUT and finally and the best of the lot Truss OUT.

Great result for Labour especially in Scotland but I think in England their triumph had more to do with Reform and Lib Dems picking up the Tory vote.

So much for Labour to do and not a lot of fiscal headroom to do it.

Anyway after losing our to Mrs J on the number of Labour seats sweep ( I went for 435 she went for 420 ) the next sweep is when I run out of steam and have another kip ( my money's on 2pm ).

Anyway it will be lovely to get back to football tonight and speculating on Everton thereafter.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Morning everyone,

😆 😆 😆.

I think AT beat me in the all nighter stakes . After a bottle of Douro , 4 samosas,a cup of tea and a crumpet I eventually fell asleep at 5.30 but not before I saw Shapps OUT, Mordaunt OUT, Rees-Mogg OUT , Coffey OUT, Keegan OUT and finally and the best of the lot Truss OUT.

Great result for Labour especially in Scotland but I think in England their triumph had more to do with Reform and Lib Dems picking up the Tory vote.

Anyway after losing our to Mrs J on the number of Labour seats sweep ( I went for 435 she went for 420 ) the next sweep is when I run out of steam and have another kip ( my money's on 2pm ).

Anyway it will be lovely to get back to football tonight and speculating on Everton thereafter.

The 3 barrels defeated me fairly early on. Woke up thinking the house was on fire, turns out there was a major blaze down Regent Road and I was on one of my sense of smell returned days. Madam had the bedroom window open.

Morning everyone,

😆 😆 😆.

I can’t get enough politics into my day 😀

Now fuelled by strong coffee and still glued to it all. Our local coverage is on at 2pm and that’s what I’m really looking forward to now. I think I will get some nice takeout delivered tonight and happily do nothing the rest of the day.

The 3 barrels defeated me fairly early on. Woke up thinking the house was on fire, turns out there was a major blaze down Regent Road and I was on one of my sense of smell returned days. Madam had the bedroom window open.
That sense of smell could save your life one day Tommy! It must make walking past Anfield particularly difficult though.

A busy couple of days for me, with a funeral yesterday morning then in the afternoon off to pick up my kilt for my youngest son’s wedding on Friday down in Loch Lomond. Sadly the weather Gods don’t look to be with us 🤷‍♂️. We’re heading down today ahead of the main parties to make it a mini holiday , then we’re bringing my brother , who’s coming up from Wales, back with us for a few days. Off now to finalise the final packing 🙂
Have a great time today mate. Hopefully the weather won't put too much of a dampener on things. I'm sure it won't.

Got 2 previous vaccinations OK but they are long out of my system. Didn’t they say they had about 6 months efficacy in them before the protection wains?

In fairness, the symptoms aren’t quite as bad as last time and long may that continue.
I think the vast majority of people will have had it before so will have built up their own natural defences regardless of jabs. Even I don't qualify for the top ups now. Think it's only over 75s and the medically vulnerable. Presumably health workers too.

Good morning all on this foggy day here . I hope all slept well and have a lovely day today ,my best wishes to @Armaghtoffee on his recovery from the deaded lurgy that is covid .They have stopped reporting numbers here so the threat must have waned .
My latest blood tests shows no considerable difference ! What does that mean ,I am taking it that the important numbers were OK which is a bit too optimistic in reality but we all hope .So on to the MRI next week with a smile on my face .Have a great day all COYB
That sounds reasonably positive Blue. Hopefully the scans are the same.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back