Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

That’s very positive news from your sister. You can park some of that worry now and enjoy your evening.

Music conversations never bore me! TLDP are making it for sure as their music is everywhere now, even on the FIFA PlayStation game. That the recent albums chart is dominated by female singers is a follow on from the chatter in the Glasto thread re the current direction of music. One thing that gives me hope though is that actual guitars are used by some of those artists rather than just loops and processed beats. While I always crave an authentic band breaking through, at least some of the big hitters now are very listenable.

As an aside, I blame sharing a train to Dublin last week with rampant Swifties as the cause of my Covid! Couldn’t have been us football fans!
And what were you actually doing with these rampant Swifties? :blush:

That’s very positive news from your sister. You can park some of that worry now and enjoy your evening.

Music conversations never bore me! TLDP are making it for sure as their music is everywhere now, even on the FIFA PlayStation game. That the recent albums chart is dominated by female singers is a follow on from the chatter in the Glasto thread re the current direction of music. One thing that gives me hope though is that actual guitars are used by some of those artists rather than just loops and processed beats. While I always crave an authentic band breaking through, at least some of the big hitters now are very listenable.

As an aside, I blame sharing a train to Dublin last week with rampant Swifties as the cause of my Covid! Couldn’t have been us football fans!
She's just sent me a photo of him sitting up in bed reading the newspaper. He looks a bit pasty but then he always does😀

I had quite an upsetting phonecall with my sister last night. The eldest one who lives in The Lakes. They recently found a tumor on my brother in laws spleen and yesterday he went in to have his spleen removed. It's quite a complex procedure made worse as he's in his 80s and suffers from dementia. So I knew my sister was really worried leading up to it. Anyway, things didn't go too well and he's now very poorly and in intensive care. He's stable but apparently the next 48 hours are crucial. Even if he does come through they still face the results of the biopsy on the tumor so it's a very worrying time for the family. Sometimes perspective is a leveller.
Oh Fred that's very worrying and upsetting for you. Any news today? X

Just read your later post @Barnfred 55 . That's very positive news. Enjoy your night out. I saw a Beatles tribute band at Great Yarmouth race course. I'm not being picky but John Lennon was French and Paul McCartney was right handed! However I also saw The Bootleg Beatles in Gateshead doing the 50 year anniversary of Sgt Pepper tour and they were fantastic.

Just read your later post @Barnfred 55 . That's very positive news. Enjoy your night out. I saw a Beatles tribute band at Great Yarmouth race course. I'm not being picky but John Lennon was French and Paul McCartney was right handed! However I also saw The Bootleg Beatles in Gateshead doing the 50 year anniversary of Sgt Pepper tour and they were fantastic.
Takes a bit of suspension of disbelief that.

Morning everyone,

😆 😆 😆.

I think AT beat me in the all nighter stakes . After a bottle of Douro , 4 samosas,a cup of tea and a crumpet I eventually fell asleep at 5.30 but not before I saw Shapps OUT, Mordaunt OUT, Rees-Mogg OUT , Coffey OUT, Keegan OUT and finally and the best of the lot Truss OUT.

Great result for Labour especially in Scotland but I think in England their triumph had more to do with Reform and Lib Dems picking up the Tory vote.

So much for Labour to do and not a lot of fiscal headroom to do it.

Anyway after losing our to Mrs J on the number of Labour seats sweep ( I went for 435 she went for 420 ) the next sweep is when I run out of steam and have another kip ( my money's on 2pm ).

Anyway it will be lovely to get back to football tonight and speculating on Everton thereafter.

Have a lovely day everyone.
After retiring early I woke up in the middle of the night as you do, and lethally thought I’ll just have a little look. So I too ended up seeing Shapps, Mandant, Coffey out but decided to go back to sleep when I saw sunak and hunt retain their seats. Consequently am now knackered.

G&T Friday will be a short affair tonight as I'm off out with the neighbours. We're going to an evening at Falmouth marina which is a sit down meal followed by a Beatles tribute band. Hopefully take my mind off other things.

I've also got a couple of good friends coming down from Liverpool to see me next weekend. She and Cal were each others bridesmaids and he is a good blue. In fact his season ticket is right behind my nephew's. Really looking forward to seeing them for a few days and getting out and about. Initially I was planning n doing some cooking but sod it. I'm going to treat it like a holiday and take them to some of mine and Cal's favourite haunts.
Sound definitely like something to look forward to

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back