Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hello again. With a little help from You Tube I've fixed the valve and installed the washer. It was very heavy and I forgot to turn the power on. The plug is behind the washer so had to pull it all out, switch the power on and push it back in again! I'm having a bag of McCoys to celebrate!
Well done! You have earned those McCoys.

Hello again. With a little help from You Tube I've fixed the valve and installed the washer. It was very heavy and I forgot to turn the power on. The plug is behind the washer so had to pull it all out, switch the power on and push it back in again! I'm having a bag of McCoys to celebrate!
Well done Anj , where's MrF when you need him ?

Went to PettsFest and had a great time and more importantly helped ( in a very small way ) raise loads of money for Cancer Research. Thank you to my friends on here and at the table tennis club for supporting it by buying some raffle tickets but Unfortunately none of us won a single thing , which just goes to show how many tickets they must have sold because there were over 60 amazing prizes.

The singers / bands were all great especially the Kylie tribute. She was a Scouser and was really , really good and a great laugh. They all gave their time and service for free - brilliant.

Managed to watch a chunk of the England game , I just can't work out why we move the ball so slowly and play without intensity.

Anyway have a lovely day everyone.

Morning all, sunny at the moment but heavy showers are forecast for later. Glad you got your washing machine problem sorted @anjelikaferrett, hope the company didn’t charge for installation and if they did are going to refund you.
@jazzy PettsFest sounds amazing, everyone having a great time and raising lots of money is a win win.
Watched the England game and after spending most of it slowly losing the will to live ended up feeling liked a piece of chewed string. Should have just gone straight to penalties.
Not much planned for today, Mr G. has just discovered that part of our fence is broken so that should keep him quiet for a couple of hours.:lol:
Have a good day, all.💙

Morning all on this rainy day here .I hope all are well and having a better day than me ,I bought an electric toothbrush that has given up the ghost so I contacted the seller he said can you send me a video ! to which I replied as you can imagine "how do I video a toothbrush that doesn't work" they said send us a video of it charging ( which was the problem !) So dutifully I took a video of it plugged in and not working on my phone sent it to my you tube page as requested to find that is doesn't show up on my mac ,the other videos are there but not the one I need .
I told them this and sent the link to my page ,to be told they are limited to the pages they can open ! So now my task is to send it to the computer but the bluetooth has decided it doesn't want to talk to my phone .
If I had hair I would rip it out . Have a great day all COYB

Good morning all. You may not be surprised to hear that I have spent most of my time washing! I am getting a refund for the non- installation so that's good.
I did watch the England match and was a bit naked when Rio Ferdinand was critical of JP even before the match started so I was really pleased when he saved a penalty. I don't know how that lad gets so much stick. His record speaks for itself.
We've had a bit of rain here- quite heavy during the night but nothing like what the rest of the country seem to be experiencing.
Have a fun day everyone - in between the washing ( towels, bed sheets next on the list) I will be flicking between Le Tour and the British Grand Prix ( although it's never been the same since the days of Nikki Lauda, Alain Prost and James Hunt)

Good morning all. You may not be surprised to hear that I have spent most of my time washing! I am getting a refund for the non- installation so that's good.
I did watch the England match and was a bit naked when Rio Ferdinand was critical of JP even before the match started so I was really pleased when he saved a penalty. I don't know how that lad gets so much stick. His record speaks for itself.
We've had a bit of rain here- quite heavy during the night but nothing like what the rest of the country seem to be experiencing.
Have a fun day everyone - in between the washing ( towels, bed sheets next on the list) I will be flicking between Le Tour and the British Grand Prix ( although it's never been the same since the days of Nikki Lauda, Alain Prost and James Hunt)
Assuming you mean narked but then again……
Re penalties My SIL got my goat when he said “It’s up to dinosaur arms now”, in the interests of family harmony I just sat there and let Pickers do the rest. :lol:

8 hours 16 minutes sleep lst night according to my fitbit. Best sleep in months thank God. So many crappy nights in recent weeks as I have been quite down. My sister passed last September and I haven't got over it even 10 months later. Only 64 and we were very close .

Meds are helping a bit, but keep me in your thoughts and prayers if you have a faith. Not easy on Mrs BR who is very patient although she can't fully understand the grieving process that I just need to get through. She is so used to me being the life and soul of everything, but lately I have no interest in anything.

8 hours 16 minutes sleep lst night according to my fitbit. Best sleep in months thank God. So many crappy nights in recent weeks as I have been quite down. My sister passed last September and I haven't got over it even 10 months later. Only 64 and we were very close .

Meds are helping a bit, but keep me in your thoughts and prayers if you have a faith. Not easy on Mrs BR who is very patient although she can't fully understand the grieving process that I just need to get through. She is so used to me being the life and soul of everything, but lately I have no interest in anything.
Grief is a terrible thing BR but believe me when I say it does get easier. Just give it time. There's no set rules for this as everyone is different.

What I would advise though is don't keep it bottled up. Even if it's just coming in here from time to time as you've done this morning.

Just keep on focusing on the little positives, like last night's rare good sleep. They'll start to add up. You'll see.💙

Mentally picturing Anj naked shouting at the telly.😀

Grief is a terrible thing BR but believe me when I say it does get easier. Just give it time. There's no set rules for this as everyone is different.

What I would advise though is don't keep it bottled up. Even if it's just coming in here from time to time as you've done this morning.

Just keep on focusing on the little positives, like last night's rare good sleep. They'll start to add up. You'll see.💙
Cheers Barnfred! TBH since January 2017 things have been nightmarish. My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia and my sister and I looked after her at home and then in a nursing home before she died in 2022. Mrs BR was diagnosed with breast cancer in July 2018, but following a mastectomy and chemo/radium thank God she has come through fine.

Then my daughter got engaged in Nov 2022 and my sister was so excited and looking forward to the wedding. Sadly in December, just a month later, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. We got her to Wimbledon last July, a lifetime ambition, but after that she went down rapidly and passed in September.

I really miss her as we were very close and our daughter was devastated at losing her favourite Aunt.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, I know time will heal eventually, and my faith remains strong. St Paul wrote of being given a constant thorn that afflicted him all his life. I suppose this is my thorn at the moment and I take consolation in Paul's words 'it is when I am weak that I am strong'

I'm sorry about this. As @Barnfred 55 said, grief has no timeline and it isn't a straight line. Also wise words, don't bottle it up. Cry if you feel like it, be angry at the injustice and most of all talk. Come in here - sometimes anonymity helps. Much love x

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back