Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Looks the same as mine Anj!

We've not heard from @Vegas Toffee Girl for some time but noted that the temperature for LV was 49° yesterday. Bloody hell!

Same as you Anj , weather is lovely today for a change so it's grass cutting time today.
Good morning all. It's a lovely bright morning here - no doubt that will change.
I have a question - do any of you know anything about orchids? Chris and Sophie bought me one for Mother's Day. It had one flower on it which fell off. I thought it was dead. However my policy of ignoring it for weeks at a time with the occasional watering seems to have paid off. It now looks like this. Absolutely gorgeous but with an alarming lean to the right ( and we can't have that in this house🤣🤣). I think it needs a bigger pot but I'm reluctant to disturb it - any advice anybody?
View attachment 263771
Been absolutely chucking it down here this morning. May be coming your way as you seem to be getting the gorgeous sunshine we had yesterday.

Good Morning all.

In work - a colleague, that I do like, has just defined someone "She is neuro-typical". I've never had an actual experience of someone speaking a bit woke, and now it's ruined the start of the week. It's nonsense.

I currently have let it go, but It's in the mind now.
To be honest I had no idea what was meant by -woke . I thought it was a racist thing !!!

Are you sure you've posted this in the correct thread Andy?😀

Regardless can I just say your reaction is very neorotypical of you. Embrace wokeness mate. I've found it's a lot easier on your well being to just accept things rather than get worked up by them.😀
I didnt want to create a new thread. Not sure where to put it so just decided to sent it in the first thread i saw in the ale house.

What winds me up is that she goes on about ADHD because she cant get in for work on time! Think its just the excuses for being lazy.

I didnt want to create a new thread. Not sure where to put it so just decided to sent it in the first thread i saw in the ale house.

What winds me up is that she goes on about ADHD because she cant get in for work on time! Think its just the excuses for being lazy.
Aah. So she identifies as neurodiversive. It's getting very popular these days. Young sufferers practically wear the term as a badge of honour,, seeing themselves as different or special. I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily but I can see why you wouldn't agree in the workspace.

I used to work as an exam invigilator and sufferers are treated very differently.

@Armaghtoffee looks like Kier Starmer heard you mate. He says he will now be the "honest broker " in any border poll rather than campaign for no. If nothing else looks like he's a quick learner.
I hadn’t seen this! That is very pleasing because he has been widely labelled as no friend of Irish Nationalism. Two other things will be the big indicators of his good faith here- the promised repeal of the Legacy Act and the completion of Casement Park in time for the Euros.

I hadn’t seen this! That is very pleasing because he has been widely labelled as no friend of Irish Nationalism. Two other things will be the big indicators of his good faith here- the promised repeal of the Legacy Act and the completion of Casement Park in time for the Euros.
From what I've read it's yes to both but he won't give a blank cheque for the stadium.

From what I've read it's yes to both but he won't give a blank cheque for the stadium.
The DUP are blocking development of the stadium and the delay is down to this rather than money. It is reasonable for Starmer to reply as such but it must be noted that the Tory’s promised to ‘find the money’ and get it built. Given what it would deliver to our economy from Euro participation alone, I suggest Starmer look harder for the moolah.

Good morning all. It's a lovely bright morning here - no doubt that will change.
I have a question - do any of you know anything about orchids? Chris and Sophie bought me one for Mother's Day. It had one flower on it which fell off. I thought it was dead. However my policy of ignoring it for weeks at a time with the occasional watering seems to have paid off. It now looks like this. Absolutely gorgeous but with an alarming lean to the right ( and we can't have that in this house🤣🤣). I think it needs a bigger pot but I'm reluctant to disturb it - any advice anybody?
View attachment 263771

Turn it 180 degrees and it will learn to the left….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back