Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all. It's a lovely bright morning here - no doubt that will change.
I have a question - do any of you know anything about orchids? Chris and Sophie bought me one for Mother's Day. It had one flower on it which fell off. I thought it was dead. However my policy of ignoring it for weeks at a time with the occasional watering seems to have paid off. It now looks like this. Absolutely gorgeous but with an alarming lean to the right ( and we can't have that in this house🤣🤣). I think it needs a bigger pot but I'm reluctant to disturb it - any advice anybody?
View attachment 263771

Turn it 180 degrees and it will learn to the left….

Good morning all on this fine day here ,we are expecting a heatwave at the weekend again . I hope all had a good night and wake to a fine day .
I think I will get the old Jag out today wash it and put it up for sale along with the quad bike that has never run properly and a rotavator that we don't need any more ,the proceeds ( if any ) will buy a quad that runs hopefully .Have a great day all ,have you all watched the BMD video where the guys with drones were allowed in ? I watched the mister drone one and was so impressed with him and the stadium from ground level -if that can be correct being so high in the stands .
We must try to grab a block of seats for a match and meet up to celebrate Karl .Have a great day all COYB

Mrs J running the rescue shop today so my turn to do the outdoor animals....in a bloody monsoon ( I'd have waited but this definitely isn't a shower boys and girls).

Well apart from getting drenched - should have gone out in shorts to save changing my trousers - the goats refused to come out of their stable , the sheep and chickens were happy as anything though.

Already at 8.30 am there was at least an inch of rain in their food bowls with a further 8 hours of it coming.

Ah well, the great British summer ⛱️. Feel so sorry for families with kids holidaying in this country in this weather.

Front left ,the purple at the back could be one too .
Correctomundo Blue , 2 different types of Acer of course. Also in the photo from left to right - Acer , prostrate conifer, pittosporum, rhododendron, acer , pittosporum, eckinopsis, japanese maple ( another type of Acer ) and photinia Red Robin plus various geraniums at the front of the border . To the right of the Luytens bench a climbing rose in shade , green and gold , pittosporum and green and gold. And in the background you can see a cherry tree and mature sycamore.

This is part of the garden closest to the house and is at its best in spring.

@anjelikaferrett , thanks for your lovely words.

Well it's finally stopped raining and is very hot and muggy , think thunderstorms are imminent.

In the absence of gardening I did an extra long session in the gym and just back from 2 hours ping pong and sweating like the proverbial pig.

Will watch the other semi final tonight - who do we want to win?

Correctomundo Blue , 2 different types of Acer of course. Also in the photo from left to right - Acer , prostrate conifer, pittosporum, rhododendron, acer , pittosporum, eckinopsis, japanese maple ( another type of Acer ) and photinia Red Robin plus various geraniums at the front of the border . To the right of the Luytens bench a climbing rose in shade , green and gold , pittosporum and green and gold. And in the background you can see a cherry tree and mature sycamore.

This is part of the garden closest to the house and is at its best in spring.

@anjelikaferrett , thanks for your lovely words.

Well it's finally stopped raining and is very hot and muggy , think thunderstorms are imminent.

In the absence of gardening I did an extra long session in the gym and just back from 2 hours ping pong and sweating like the proverbial pig.

Will watch the other semi final tonight - who do we want to win?

Not bothered who wins, both are good sides……

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back