Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi everybody. It has been like winter today - cold, dark and wet. The cat has been in bed all day. And I mean in bed - there's a cat sized lump under our duvet.
Another potential lady who lunches date tomorrow with my old boss. It could be cancelled last minute though. She has a herd(flock?) of alpacas and they are currently having babies. She's already had 3, with two more to come. She lives up in the wilds on the top of the A66 and sent me this pic of ' her girls' refusing to leave their shelter this morning. The babies you can see are literally days old. EDIT: Forgot to mention the black cat is a feral farm cat who has adopted the alpacas!.View attachment 263969

When I first read that I thought it said headlock and now I canā€™t get DBB out of my headā€¦.

Nice alpacas thoughā€¦..

good morning all on this fine day here .So glad France are out , we will do well to beat the Dutch I just hope we do .Against the Spanish if justice is served we won't stand a chance . I hope all are well and had a good night . I dragged the Jag out yesterday and took some photos ,of course I had to have a short spin and that was that no advert ,a life long ambition to own one is hard to give up so it might be a gamble for the MOT and see where that leads .The crazy thing is it is hard for me to get in ,an SUV is much better but we all know how a little boys minds work ! Have a great day all COYB

good morning all on this fine day here .So glad France are out , we will do well to beat the Dutch I just hope we do .Against the Spanish if justice is served we won't stand a chance . I hope all are well and had a good night . I dragged the Jag out yesterday and took some photos ,of course I had to have a short spin and that was that no advert ,a life long ambition to own one is hard to give up so it might be a gamble for the MOT and see where that leads .The crazy thing is it is hard for me to get in ,an SUV is much better but we all know how a little boys minds work ! Have a great day all COYB
Sounds like your dreams of driving a jag are becoming a little less enthusiastic blue.

Morning all, the sun made an effort to poke through the cloud but has now conceded defeat. Was supposed to be going to Sports Day at grandkids school this morning but it has been postponed until next week. The field is too wet after all the recent rain. This would have been music to my ears when I was at primary school, I hated Sports Day. One advantage of going on to Grammar School was you had to be picked for the house team to compete in Sports Day and there was absolutely no chance of me being chosen!
Have a good day, all.šŸ’™

My car is low too, Iā€™ve had it from new for 11 years and always said Iā€™d only get rid of it when my hips went. During my recent episode of back problems we had the discussion of whether it was the time to get rid and Iā€™m not ashamed to say I cried at the thought of it. Mind you that might have been caused by the thought of having to share a car with my husband and the never ending nagging that would surely follow (him not me).

Morning all, the sun made an effort to poke through the cloud but has now conceded defeat. Was supposed to be going to Sports Day at grandkids school this morning but it has been postponed until next week. The field is too wet after all the recent rain. This would have been music to my ears when I was at primary school, I hated Sports Day. One advantage of going on to Grammar School was you had to be picked for the house team to compete in Sports Day and there was absolutely no chance of me being chosen!
I hated sports at school too, except netball. When I went back to do my A levels they insisted that we did an afternoon of PE so I walked out and signed on at the local Technical college instead where they at least tried to treat you as an adult.

Morning everyone, I hope all are well. Today we are off to Liverpool to see the beyond Van Gogh exhibition which Iā€™m really looking forward to. The weather looks a bit iffy again. Tonight weā€™re going to watch the game at my sonā€™s new local- with zero expectations. Itā€™s years of being an evertonian that does it.
Have a great day šŸ’™

Did you go to school with Harry Potter, Gwladys?

What type of jag is it Blue. The XJā€™s Iā€™ve previously driven all had the automatic facility for the seat to move down and backwards and the steering wheel to move upwards to give easy entrance and egress. I must admit though my Range Rover (with steps) is much easier to get in and out ofā€¦ā€¦.

What type of jag is it Blue. The XJā€™s Iā€™ve previously driven all had the automatic facility for the seat to move down and backwards and the steering wheel to move upwards to give easy entrance and egress. I must admit though my Range Rover (with steps) is much easier to get in and out ofā€¦ā€¦.
It is an S-type , it is the roof height and my head causing me grief .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back