Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Hi everybody. Happy Friday. It's the Durham Miners' Gala tomorrow so I'm going to do overtime and then go into Durham and listen to the speeches. There are speakers from the FBU, Unison, NEU and ASLEF. Sadly no RMT speakers - who are my favourite union, apart from PCS of course, and nobody gets close to the late Bob Crow for delivering a proper old fashioned tub thumping speech. There might also be a few beers consumed. This of course entirely depends on the weather. I'm not going if it's raining. I've done my bit standing out in the pouring rain. 😊
I've also booked to go and see an open air ( well in a very large tent) performance of As You Like It on the green in front of Durham Cathedral. It will be a stunning setting and is part of the Durham Fringe Festival. That's on 24th July. My friend's daughter is desperately trying to make it as an actress and she has a part in it. I'm not really a huge fan of Shakespeare but it will be something different.
@Terrarian I've just been reading that ex Slipknot drummer Jay Weinberg has been filling in for his Dad, Max on some of Bruce Springsteen's European dates.

Have a nice evening everybody x
My brothers were going to take the Pboro ASLEF banner but seeing the weather forecast have decided against it. So disappointing. Hope the rain holds off and you are able to go.

Just back from the MRI scan ,one hour and five minutes it took ! Quite noisy but I still managed a short nod . No news until next week when they will send me a letter.
COYB
Best of luck. I am due one soon to see what has caused a huge hearing deterioration over the past three years. Down to about 34% in left and in 20s in right. Hearing aids some help but by no means anywhere near comfortable especially in crowds.

Subtitles a Godsend on TV. Of not available I don't bother trying to watch a programme.

Tonight's G&T Friday offering. Hope you all have a great weekend. Really looking forward to my mates visiting tomorrow. Cheers.
View attachment 264351
From Drumshanbo Co Leitrim, not far from where my ancestors on Dad's side came. My great grandfather moved next door to Co cavan in 1880 as a school master. I have great affection for both counties.

Drom Sean Bó means the ridge of the old cow! :)

Best of luck. I am due one soon to see what has caused a huge hearing deterioration over the past three years. Down to about 34% in left and in 20s in right. Hearing aids some help but by no means anywhere near comfortable especially in crowds.

Subtitles a Godsend on TV. Of not available I don't bother trying to watch a programme.
Most films and TV shows are available with them if you stream.

Hi everybody. Happy Friday. It's the Durham Miners' Gala tomorrow so I'm going to do overtime and then go into Durham and listen to the speeches. There are speakers from the FBU, Unison, NEU and ASLEF. Sadly no RMT speakers - who are my favourite union, apart from PCS of course, and nobody gets close to the late Bob Crow for delivering a proper old fashioned tub thumping speech. There might also be a few beers consumed. This of course entirely depends on the weather. I'm not going if it's raining. I've done my bit standing out in the pouring rain. 😊
I've also booked to go and see an open air ( well in a very large tent) performance of As You Like It on the green in front of Durham Cathedral. It will be a stunning setting and is part of the Durham Fringe Festival. That's on 24th July. My friend's daughter is desperately trying to make it as an actress and she has a part in it. I'm not really a huge fan of Shakespeare but it will be something different.
@Terrarian I've just been reading that ex Slipknot drummer Jay Weinberg has been filling in for his Dad, Max on some of Bruce Springsteen's European dates.

Have a nice evening everybody x
Mrs bl often raves about Max Weinberg after we saw Bruce last year, the main one from the band she remembers !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back