Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I grew up half way between Kilmacud Crokes and Cuala, but never joined a Club. My parish club would be Geraldines - never contenders for anything.

So today I cheer for Crokes and Cuala and if they play each other just let the best team win.

In Kilkenny, our daughter played under age for O Loughlin Gaels and has three county medals - Camogie naturally.

They are our parish club. Huge rivalry with the other two city clubs James Stephens (the Village) and Dicksboro, but especially against the Village.

Two brothers Living next door played for OLG and have county winners medals.

I will always be a Dub though despite 34 of my 59 years being in this lovely county.
More clubs than Rory McIlroy 😀

You never forget where you come from though despite all your years in another county. Speaking of Dublin, as expected another fitful night and early start before our semi final. First one in 19 years and my stomach is in knots.

From Drumshanbo Co Leitrim, not far from where my ancestors on Dad's side came. My great grandfather moved next door to Co cavan in 1880 as a school master. I have great affection for both counties.

Drom Sean Bó means the ridge of the old cow! :)
Apologies if you didn't appreciate my little jest BR. No offence intended.

It was a reference to the extortionate duty free pricing at Dublin Airport..

Apologies if you didn't appreciate my little jest BR. No offence intended.

It was a reference to the extortionate duty free pricing at Dublin Airport..
No offence whatsoever. I think some of these new gins, including Gunpowder are extortionate and I dread when Mrs BR says she fancies a gin especially in a hotel bar !! :)

I stick to Guinness or Beamish if I can get it - especially in its home county of Cork.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back