Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good afternoon everybody. I hope @Barnfred 55 is having a lovely time with his visitor. @blue1948 one of my former workmates has just been to see Bruce Springsteen in Helsinki. He posted some pics on Facebook - it looks like a lovely city and the weather he had was significantly better than the torrential downpour we had at Sunderland.

I didn't go to the Gala - it started raining and I just couldn't face getting soaked. I watched the film Pride instead - which I would 100% recommend to anybody. A real feelgood film.

Not much to report today. It is still raining, daughter is in bed after being on nights and Mr F is watching the darts. Son has the inlaws visiting I'll ring him later and see how he is. He hasn't had a date for his scan even though they were going to push it through urgently. He's going to ring them tomorrow to chase it up.

Have a good day all x

Morning all, misty here at the moment. Been awake since 3.30, Dreamt I was having to hand wash a pile of laundry, which of course as it was a dream, was never ending. I decided I’d give up on trying to sleep as I couldn’t face the thought of all that rinsing. Can’t think why broken washing machines were on my mind @Val P, @anjelikaferrett.:lol:
I know England were lucky to get to the final, Spain the better team etc. but I’m still disappointed we didn’t win - at my age the chances of me seeing the England men win something are rapidly diminishing and I was gutted for Pickers ( I just love him) he gave it his all.
Have a good day, all.💙

Morning all, misty here at the moment. Been awake since 3.30, Dreamt I was having to hand wash a pile of laundry, which of course as it was a dream, was never ending. I decided I’d give up on trying to sleep as I couldn’t face the thought of all that rinsing. Can’t think why broken washing machines were on my mind @Val P, @anjelikaferrett.:lol:
I know England were lucky to get to the final, Spain the better team etc. but I’m still disappointed we didn’t win - at my age the chances of me seeing the England men win something are rapidly diminishing and I was gutted for Pickers ( I just love him) he gave it his all.
Have a good day, all.💙
I agree on the winning thing but the way Southgate sets them up and the players we have available is criminal .We have quite a few that really are top class players and yet as a team they are nothing.

Have a good day, all.💙
I agree on the winning thing but the way Southgate sets them up and the players we have available is criminal .We have quite a few that really are top class players and yet as a team they are nothing.
Yep agree with both of you.
We were beaten by the better team and no shame in that but you are left with a sinking feeling that with a different, more progressive manager would have got a lot more out of the best group of players that we've had in years.

Hope Pickford gets a good holiday and comes back fresh. Fortunately we didn't have many players at the Euros and so should hit the ground running next season.

Have a good day, all.💙

Pickford has been one of the few bright stars of the tournament. How that perennial loser Kane kept getting picked is beyond me. Slightly miffed at the result but not really upset as we could all see which team went for it and which team didn’t……

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back