Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Just back from sons - another emulsion filled day. Daughter in law back to hospital again for another jab to stop her vomitting - so tough for them 😢 they should be enjoying their last few months together as a couple but not to be. Roll on the birth.
I’m absolutely shocked at the terrible goings on in Southport- what is the world coming to?
Hope you had a good day @peteblue

I had a good day until I read about Southport tbh, we were talking about it in the pub tonight, so upsetting…..

Morning guys, I just cannot get the thought of those poor kids in Southport out of my mind. What kind of a sick animal could do this…sorry for going on about this, but I just keep seeing the face of my 11 year old granddaughter………
What a terrible state of affairs ,we have a wonderful world to live in but the bad side and the bad elements seem intent on ruining it .My wishes go out to all involved . It seems the boy was originally from Cardiff ,I wonder if bullying has caused him to do such a heinous thing .

Good morning everyone except sorry it really isn't.

Words usually don't fail me but at this time I'm choked and can't think.

I have a couple of friends and members of my table tennis club who live on or close to Hart Street in Southport.

One has 2 daughters aged 9 and 12 . I don't know , I pray that they didn't , go to the Taylor Swift event but it's exactly the sort of thing that they would have gone to.

For obvious reasons I don't want to contact them and none of my friends/ members know if any harm has come to them .

I cannot for one second comprehend what the parents of the kids involved are going through.

Good morning everyone except sorry it really isn't.

Words usually don't fail me but at this time I'm choked and can't think.

I have a couple of friends and members of my table tennis club who live on or close to Hart Street in Southport.

One has 2 daughters aged 9 and 12 . I don't know , I pray that they didn't , go to the Taylor Swift event but it's exactly the sort of thing that they would have gone to.

For obvious reasons I don't want to contact them and none of my friends/ members know if any harm has come to them .

I cannot for one second comprehend what the parents of the kids involved are going through.

It’s hard enough just getting your head around this from afar, the additional anguish of potentially knowing someone affected would be unbearable….

It’s hard enough just getting your head around this from afar, the additional anguish of potentially knowing someone affected would be unbearable….
Just a quick but truly shocking update. My mate's daughters didn't go to the event but his brothers daughters did.

Both his kids were involved. One is in a very bad way stabbed 8 times , 6 in the back one in the arm and one in the stomach. She was in surgery for 6 hours yesterday. His other daughter was stabbed once in the back and in the arm but should be ok.

I've only met his brother/ the dad once but he used to play TT for us before my time at the club.

The grandfather also plays and is a very good friend.

This is devastating.

Just a quick but truly shocking update. My mate's daughters didn't go to the event but his brothers daughters did.

Both his kids were involved. One is in a very bad way stabbed 8 times , 6 in the back one in the arm and one in the stomach. She was in surgery for 6 hours yesterday. His other daughter was stabbed once in the back and in the arm but should be ok.

I've only met his brother/ the dad once but he used to play TT for us before my time at the club.

This is devastating.
Really there are no words….truly awful.

This is devastating.

Dear god………..

Really there are no words….truly awful.
Morning all, I can’t get events in Southport off my mind and my intended post regarding today’s plans for outing with our eldest granddaughter doesn’t seem appropriate.
A friend of mine has just spoken to the grandfather to make sure he's ok.

The eldest daughter was stabbed in the back trying to protect her young sister. What bravery.

The youngest is having an operation today.

Naturally the grandfather is in bits.

I'm not religious but please pray for them.

A friend of mine has just spoken to the grandfather to make sure he's ok.

The eldest daughter was stabbed in the back trying to protect her young sister. What bravery.

The youngest is having an operation today.

Naturally the grandfather is in bits.

I'm not religious but please pray for them.

St Martin de Porres is my go to for people who are ill. He was of mixed race with Spanish father and native mother, in 16th and 17th century Lima. He is also one to whom we pray for an end to racial hatred.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back