Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I must be hitting the wrong links then buddy. Yes I love it for the people I want to read but jeez. Not as if it is tracking my preferences, couldn’t be with the right wing stuff it’s feeding me.
Don't go in your homepage then I never do. I've no idea what's in there. Forget links. If you want to see Joe Bloggs twitter, Google Joe Bloggs X. Simples.

I'm not keen on S M
Yeah I get that mate. But you can control it to a large extent by targeting what you want to watch rather than watching what they send you. No idea about twitter because I never look at my feed. But TikTok is an absolute bugger. But you know within a millisecond if you don't want to watch it and just swipe through. There's lots of great stuff on there that I wouldn't see if I dumped it.

Well a strange morning for me. I was up with my wife till about 2am, then went to sleep. Woke up at 8 and read the news for an hour, then thought did I change my wife this morning which I normally do at 6am having woken at 5pm. Now because each day is like Groundhog Day I could have sworn I did. But decided to get her up and check and I’m glad I did, pants sodden but they held the water thankfully, a quick change and she was back in bed and fast asleep. I’ll have to be careful now this morning… anyway without being miserable I wish you all a great day whether I’m awake or not…sorry to beat you again Blue but I know you understand……..

Morning all,

Delighted that @Val P was rewarded for her dedication with a win and decent performance.

Alas I was not so lucky. Despite investing in 4 Peronis and having a great time chatting and having a laugh with my fellow villagers we lost by 1 wicket. Bloody good game though.

Anyway time to do some gardening today and then give the car a really good clean as Mrs J is thinking of having it and I will replace her big estate with a little run around.

We really don't need two big cars so it seems sensible to make the change.

So pleased for @Armaghtoffee that he saw his team succeed. Now if he could only make those magic beads work at Goodison for our last season there........

Anyway have a lovely day everyone.

Good morning all on this fine day here . I hope all slept well and have a lovely day today .So nice to hear @Armaghtoffee is able to tell of his tears of joy . In days of yor it was considered a bad thing for men to cry ! Why on earth ? Only they will know .Me I love a good weep at a film or even watching music . Been out berry picking despite the wet day yesterday ,which means we cannot freeze them as they would clog together -no that is not shoe shaped @Val P -which brings me to echo Jazzy and say that you deserve a good result for the way you follow through thick and very thin . So we are now watching the dressage and a Finn is leading to this point . Have a great day all .COYB

Morning all, overcast here but the sun is slowly burning off the cloud. Just got a shout from the husband informing me that I had received a text from grandkid no 2 saying she had bought a croquet set and the hooks were too small, had I got any? Sorry no, three things come to mind 1 why can’t she return it, 2 Why would she think I had any , 3, she could ask Hannah and Jess to borrow theirs they have one if she’s desperate to play. Give me the phone I’ll ring her, let her know. On reading said text it was a CROCHET kit (you may already have guessed) . Time for him to visit the optician, methinks. :lol:
Have a good day, all.💙

@Armaghtoffee, Twitter
Set myself up with a Twitter/X account about 4 weeks ago purely to follow a few people. Jesus it is a jungle. The amount of bigotry and hate on there is incredible and it seems to be encouraged by Elon Musk. Social media like that is definitely fuelling the hate marches that we are seeing taking place today. Thankfully the right wing were outnumbered in Belfast today but embarrassing that it even happened.
As you say, Twitter can be extremely poisonous but it did enable me to follow the progress of the Armagh fans and team throughout the day and the scenes in the days after. I just steer clear of the dimwits although some can be quite entertaining

Morning all, overcast here but the sun is slowly burning off the cloud. Just got a shout from the husband informing me that I had received a text from grandkid no 2 saying she had bought a croquet set and the hooks were too small, had I got any? Sorry no, three things come to mind 1 why can’t she return it, 2 Why would she think I had any , 3, she could ask Hannah and Jess to borrow theirs they have one if she’s desperate to play. Give me the phone I’ll ring her, let her know. On reading said text it was a CROCHET kit (you may already have guessed) . Time for him to visit the optician, methinks. :lol:
Have a good day, all.💙
I cochetted matinee coats for my two lads ,I lived in one room in an old woman's house (55) and two other lodgers and she taught me how because her colour TV only had rubbish on ! The first colour set I ever saw and she wouldn't put it on !

Difficult to explain how much Armagh winning Sam Maguire has meant to us all here. We are fanatical about our team and have had some heartbreaking days the last 3 years, largely due to penalties. I’m a devout Evertonian but Armagh is in my DNA. My people, my family and my heart.

Our county has had a hard year. A young woman, Natalie McNally, was murdered and then we had the trauma of the Grimley/McElvanna road fatalities. Natalie’s family are all Blues and her father told me after the game it is the first time he has smiled since she passed.

I know the Grimleys and McElvannas and was in a bad place after the accident. @Barnfred 55 reached out to me and it was much appreciated to know you are thought about.

I cried my eyes out at the final whistle and I wasn’t on my own. I cried at the Carrickdale homecoming and also at Armagh. I cried when talking to our manager on Tuesday then cried again when talking to the captain. It’s a release I think, for the whole county, not just me.

Photo of the year in GAA. Niall Grimley, one of life’s gentlemen. His brother and wife lost their lives in that awful night but they were both there in heaven to see Sam coming home

View attachment 267541
Brilliant result for you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back