Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

I've never wanted anybody to win anything as much as I want Tommy Fleetwood to win gold. I don't even like golf but Come On Tommy. Do it for Everton, do it for Southport. He needs a birdie on 18 to force a play off.
He played great but just couldn't get it done. Scheffler completed an incredible final round
Tommy definitely didn't choke.
Such a nice bloke too

Quick update, bit busy today.

Youngest granddaughter went home from Alder Hey yesterday and eldest took her first few steps.
Still in shock with the attack and so many conflicting stories makes it hard to get to the bottom of it .The main fact remains the same it was an atrocity and the perpetrator should be punished severely .

Same. I've got the 1% question right a couple of times but would have gone out on the earlier ones.
It’s been a busy weekend with aGranson’s birthday, Everton, Olympics etc so we haven’t watched Saturday’s 1% yet . We enjoy it and realised it’s usually about reading the question properly and looking for a “ simple” answer. We tend to pause the question on the screen , think about it then move on when we’re both happy. It’s usually within the 30 secs but who knows, we enjoy it that way 🙂. I got all the way through and the 1% question the previous week , it’s good fun.

@Barnfred 55 ok , I hope you are sitting down.....I really enjoyed their set when I got over Auroras signing and the theatrical nature of their performance. Much preferred the voice of the keyboard player and really liked the song of her Albanian roots.

I caught a bit of Corrine. Not impressed

Ok explanation......

Music was great and particularly impressed by the Blonde guitarist with the strange blue outfit. The keyboardist with Albanian roots was very good.

Kasper on drums was excellent but why don't they have a regular drummer?

As for the rest , hmmm it just seems like a vehicle for Aurora to indulge herself.

Don't like Auroras whining voice, but the composition of the songs was interesting and the performance was OTT

I think that's a fair critique.

As for Corrine . Well she performed Black Rainbows which is an album full of anger based on the erasion of Black culture in America. It is interesting , like The Sea which was also anger based but this time because of the drug induced death of her sax playing husband.

IMO it's not a balanced piece of work and difficult to listen to.

For me Nitin Sawnhey was by far the best and most interesting performer today.
I have absolutely no idea where you're coming from Jazz. :)

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back