Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

….got a call from my son at 12.30 this morning that his wife’s ’water had broken’ and could we come around to look after their 2 girls. 2 hours later Alice Rose was delivered a month early at 5lb9oz. Thats their 3rd daughter, our 5th grandchild.

Long old night but a perfect start to the day.
Nice one @Eggs , now you will have to back every horse with the name Alice or Rose in it ;)

I also had some great news today. A really good friend who has a number of medical issues and has been taking Morphine for the last couple of months has recently had the dose reduced. He has been housebound for months but just texted me to say it’s possible that he may be out tomorrow :)
That’s great news. Even if he doesn’t make it tomorrow, it’s another step closer to doing it. You two will be enjoying a pint together soon.

Cheers everyone. Hope you have a great weekend.
View attachment 268297
Good to hear from you Frederick.
Nice visit to Southport today
The floral tribute outside the Atkinson is quite something.
Bought 8 great vinyl albums for just £50 including Hejira , The Sensual World and Pretzel Logic.
Then a great Korean meal in a new Lord St restaurant ( shame we were the only 2 in there ) .

Now me and Mrs J enjoying a glass or 3 of vino in sun listening to Buena Vista Social club.

Pretty great day

Good to hear from you Frederick.
Nice visit to Southport today
The floral tribute outside the Atkinson is quite something.
Bought 8 great vinyl albums for just £50 including Hejira , The Sensual World and Pretzel Logic.
Then a great Korean meal in a new Lord St restaurant ( shame we were the only 2 in there ) .

Now me and Mrs J enjoying a glass or 3 of vino in sun listening to Buena Vista Social club.

Pretty great day
When are you building the extension for your vinyl collection?. Surprised you don't have Sensual World already.

Never eaten Korean. For some strange reason I'm imagining a fusion of Japansse Chinese and Thai.

When are you building the extension for your vinyl collection?. Surprised you don't have Sensual World already.

Never eaten Korean. For some strange reason I'm imagining a fusion of Japansse Chinese and Thai.
Re food - exactly my thoughts but it wasn't. Not like anything we've ever had. Interesting and tasty though.

Planning permission refused on the library/ music room.

My Brighton tickets arrived today. Want to get over as often as I can this year and the first game is a good start. I think it will be a nightmare for tickets as the season goes on.
Email arrived Thursday with our documents. Think this will be our last time but then again I thought that the Burnley game would be my first and only so never say never.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back