Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Perfectly put, can I echo everything @bigjonny said. You are in my thoughts @peteblue - it sounds like one thing after another for you right now 💙

It’s been a bad time these last two years. Everyone of my close friends have suffered medical issues or deaths, without my son I’d have gone under. I finally decided to explain all this to my other three children tonight as I’d tried to keep them away from all the grief and let them live their lives, but tonight meant that at least two of them knew my mate and his wife quite well. They are based away from the U.K. but I now wanted them to understand the work my at home son is doing on their behalf…I’m normally a strong person, but tonight just hit me hard…..

Sorry to hear Pete, you have and are going through a lot, it’s so hard with what you are going through with your good wife and to lose your friends around you, it’s easy to say stay strong but hopefully you have the support around you

Take care mate

Thank you, I know I can count on moral support from the good folk on here. In the village I’m sure we will all rally around to support and help his wife and each other, we have to really as most of her close family live in Canada (Thunder Bay), and it’s going to be so hard for them being so far away. But they know us all and will know we are here to support her through this tragedy. Again, thanks……..

I am so sad to hear the news @peteblue ,this on top of all the other stuff is enough to bend the knees of the strongest of us ,please pass our regards on from all on here . No one knows why or how these times are decided but I know you have friends on here to lean on as you need , I hope your friend Fred's wife does get some help as her family living so far away will leave her feeling alone . You must realise from here that the sentiment showed is real and we do all feel for each other ,easy -yes -but true . I will think of you all today .

Unfortunately tonight, his wife had just got back from hospital and came over to the pub in tears. He had been fine all day but when she got back home the hospital phoned to say he was going down hill fast. I’d been drinking so I arranged a car to take her back to the hospital but unfortunately he died just before she got there. She phoned to tell me the sad news. She’s coping but in bits. I’m gutted tbh, I always try to make a joke or look at the positive side of life but he was a fabulous friend, with an amazing mind and full of life. I’ll catch up with her tomorrow when I can because of my wife, and then no doubt help with all the stuff associated with dealing with this. I’ve told the manager of our pub to go to any lengths and cost to ensure that she is looked after when she comes in and to deliver a wake worthy of a great man…..
So very sorry to read this, as @bigjonny says I hope you can find comfort in remembering a fantastic friend. You will be in my thoughts, sending best wishes.💙

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back