Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

We had a low key anniversary today, my wife didn’t even react to the cards and well wishes. Took her for our daily drive but our normal celebratory family meal didn’t take place as tbh I’m still down with the death of my best mate and somehow it didn’t seem appropriate. We met up later with friends in the pub, my wife being oblivious to it all, together with my mates widow, a particularly close friend of my wife, and again helped her through yet another day. Not the sort of anniversary I would have planned or wanted, but one that brought comfort nonetheless…sorry for sounding so miserable, but it was different to say the least….
Pete , you are such a devoted husband. I'm sure that your family understand and appreciate all your efforts.
An inspiration as to how to deal with these problems.

We have stumbled across "Ancient Aliens " a series about the likelyhood of us being from space .I have found it intriguing although with the episodes at 1 1/2 long we have only watched two and our heads are spinning . There are 13 series with a dozen or more episodes in each so this will keep us going for a while .
The main belief is one I hold but it is a bit like the history of Football being written by Evertonians as the contributors all seem up until now that they are of a similar mind . If you liked Erich von Daniken's "Was god an astronaut "it will be right up your street .

Watched the game today, if SD picks Young Keane Harrison or Doucs this weekend it proves he doesn’t have a clue

The 4 new guys are what we need, is he so stuck in his team selection we are doomed

I have followed this team for over 55yrs and am so disillusioned with the owner and management, We have been 💩 before but we never had the financial situation we have now,

Think I’ll go back to supporting South Liverpool in Garston :)

Last edited:
Morning all, I know it was only Doncaster but it feels so much better with a win under our belts. Ashley Young - not my favourite player but is there really any need to boo him? Some people sat near me where shouting at him as he got near the ball, never mind what he did with it. I despair of some of our fans sometimes. This - I’ve paid my money I’ll say what I want to them - makes me think some of them have never progressed beyond puberty. And ask for the train station man - well …. Anyway, moan over.
Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs @bigjonny, I hope you have a lovely day. Hope your back is better @jazzy.
Thanks to the fact that you can’t get a phone signal or internet in Upper Gwladys consistently, last night was my son’s last game before the baby comes. This is so exciting I’m on pins waiting for the phone to go to say she’s in labour.
Anyway today is mostly about housework for me so I hope everyone else has a more exciting and pleasant day 💙

Morning all, I know it was only Doncaster but it feels so much better with a win under our belts. Ashley Young - not my favourite player but is there really any need to boo him? Some people sat near me where shouting at him as he got near the ball, never mind what he did with it. I despair of some of our fans sometimes. This - I’ve paid my money I’ll say what I want to them - makes me think some of them have never progressed beyond puberty. And ask for the train station man - well …. Anyway, moan over.
Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs @bigjonny, I hope you have a lovely day. Hope your back is better @jazzy.
Thanks to the fact that you can’t get a phone signal or internet in Upper Gwladys consistently, last night was my son’s last game before the baby comes. This is so exciting I’m on pins waiting for the phone to go to say she’s in labour.
Anyway today is mostly about housework for me so I hope everyone else has a more exciting and pleasant day 💙
Well it obviously was a better performance and at least we tried to play football for once but we still laboured for long periods against a D2 team.

Totally agree with no booing of own players ( well after the game perhaps) but this is all on Dyche I'm afraid because you just know that he will bring Young and Doucoure back into the team ahead of promising players like Dixon and Ndayie.

Finger's crossed everything goes well with the birth.

Sadly my backs just the same but I will continue to do some yoga and exercises to try and be ridiculously of it.

@Terrarian 5 inches of rain in the Lakes yesterday, bloody hell I hope you've almost finished the Arc.

Morning all. Off to my friend’s this morning then opticians this afternoon. I’ve never been completely happy with my current pair of specs. It’s a complicated prescription and had to have my current frames, which I don’t like, as I was told they were the only ones suitable. I’ve been back twice to have them adjusted but they still don’t feel right to me. Anyway to cut a very long story short I am off to an independent optician to find out once and for all whether it’s the glasses and Sp***** can do one or it’s me and I will issue a grovelling apology. :lol:
Have a good day, all.💙

Well it obviously was a better performance and at least we tried to play football for once but we still laboured for long periods against a D2 team.

Totally agree with no booing of own players ( well after the game perhaps) but this is all on Dyche I'm afraid because you just know that he will bring Young and Doucoure back into the team ahead of promising players like Dixon and Ndayie.

Finger's crossed everything goes well with the birth.

Sadly my backs just the same but I will continue to do some yoga and exercises to try and be ridiculously of it.

@Terrarian 5 inches of rain in the Lakes yesterday, bloody hell I hope you've almost finished the Arc.
Morning all, oh yeah it put some water down yesterday, we got a bit wet on our walks and I can't skip it as she needs the loo but it's not very nice weather. just been up the fields and it was not too wet surprisingly.

Daisy loves blackberries like, I have to drag her away or she'd pick the bushes dry, I should take a bag out and pick some for home really.

Good result at least, I was in bed as I do, zonking out after meds but I kept waking and checking the score and I thought flashscore was broken, we'd not had a shot nearly the full first half against Doncaster, that's bad. I even noticed Doncaster played a bit of nice football on the highlights this morning but our lads struggle too, mental that.

Well I've a headache that needs taking care of so have a good day everyone. Hope your back gets better Jazz.

Morning all, oh yeah it put some water down yesterday, we got a bit wet on our walks and I can't skip it as she needs the loo but it's not very nice weather. just been up the fields and it was not too wet surprisingly.

Daisy loves blackberries like, I have to drag her away or she'd pick the bushes dry, I should take a bag out and pick some for home really.

Good result at least, I was in bed as I do, zonking out after meds but I kept waking and checking the score and I thought flashscore was broken, we'd not had a shot nearly the full first half against Doncaster, that's bad. I even noticed Doncaster played a bit of nice football on the highlights this morning but our lads struggle too, mental that.

Well I've a headache that needs taking care of so have a good day everyone. Hope your back gets better Jazz.
Thanks mate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back