Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

@Val P you were there , I only watched it on TV but weren't the boos for Dyche for not bringing on Dixon for Coleman ( hence the ironic cheers 5 minutes later when he came on)

Have to say Dixon showed something we ate sorely missing....pace.
I was there. I would say your right, the boos were aimed at Dyche for the very reason you say. I honestly don't think there is any positive to be gained by booing though and TBF it was only a small minority.

@Val P you were there , I only watched it on TV but weren't the boos for Dyche for not bringing on Dixon for Coleman ( hence the ironic cheers 5 minutes later when he came on)

Have to say Dixon showed something we ate sorely missing....pace.
You’re probably right, but the abuse Young gets is very real, and I’m sure it doesn’t go unnoticed by him. Same with Holgate last week, might have been directed at Dyche but how must that make them feel. Don’t know how true it is but someone on social media was claiming to know Holgate, saying what a nice lad he is and it upsets him the amount of abuse. I just find it unacceptable

You’re probably right, but the abuse Young gets is very real, and I’m sure it doesn’t go unnoticed by him. Same with Holgate last week, might have been directed at Dyche but how must that make them feel. Don’t know how true it is but someone on social media was claiming to know Holgate, saying what a nice lad he is and it upsets him the amount of abuse. I just find it unacceptable
I agree they are all just people ,no doubt his 80,000 per week will make hime smile at the ones uttering abuse but we none of us want to be verbally abused ever .

We have stumbled across "Ancient Aliens " a series about the likelyhood of us being from space .I have found it intriguing although with the episodes at 1 1/2 long we have only watched two and our heads are spinning . There are 13 series with a dozen or more episodes in each so this will keep us going for a while .
The main belief is one I hold but it is a bit like the history of Football being written by Evertonians as the contributors all seem up until now that they are of a similar mind . If you liked Erich von Daniken's "Was god an astronaut "it will be right up your street .

Hi everybody. I hope your back is feeling better @jazzy and glad you didn't get too wet @Terrarian. It must be so exciting for you @Val P. I bet you can't wait for baby to arrive.
Today was my last day in work for rwo weeks. I cannot wait to go away. I've worked super hard this week and cleared all my work. I hate leaving stuff and like to come back to a clear desk.
Tomorrow I have the joy of a retinal eye test - or something like that. Can't remember if I told you I have recently been diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic. Anyway this is all part of the follow up. I can't drive for 6 hours afterwards ɓut getting the bus is fine!
Have a lovely evening everyone x

Had a thorough eye test this afternoon and the good news is I don’t have to issue a grovelling apology for all the bad things I’ve said about Sp****** as I was right in my assumption that all was not well with my glasses. The bad news is I need new varifocals and reading glasses. Chatting with the dispensing optician whilst choosing frames the conversation turned to football and it turned out his late Dad was a lifelong Evertonian! Didn’t get me a discount on my frames though :lol: Continuing the optical theme - Good luck with your retinal test tomorrow @anjelikaferrett, the worst bit is the eye drops.

Hi everybody. I hope your back is feeling better @jazzy and glad you didn't get too wet @Terrarian. It must be so exciting for you @Val P. I bet you can't wait for baby to arrive.
Today was my last day in work for rwo weeks. I cannot wait to go away. I've worked super hard this week and cleared all my work. I hate leaving stuff and like to come back to a clear desk.
Tomorrow I have the joy of a retinal eye test - or something like that. Can't remember if I told you I have recently been diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic. Anyway this is all part of the follow up. I can't drive for 6 hours afterwards ɓut getting the bus is fine!
Best of luck with the test tomorrow.

Had a thorough eye test this afternoon and the good news is I don’t have to issue a grovelling apology for all the bad things I’ve said about Sp****** as I was right in my assumption that all was not well with my glasses. The bad news is I need new varifocals and reading glasses. Chatting with the dispensing optician whilst choosing frames the conversation turned to football and it turned out his late Dad was a lifelong Evertonian! Didn’t get me a discount on my frames though :lol: Continuing the optical theme - Good luck with your retinal test tomorrow @anjelikaferrett, the worst bit is the eye drops.
Maybe would have got a discount if you had chosen royal blue frames.

I'm supposed to start back at work on the 3rd of Sept so, much to everyone's happiness, I'll likely be posting less...be interesting after 6 months out. Used to feeling semi-retired now.

lA0462v.gif

I don't remember seeing you mention the diabetes ,stay strong that lady .Good luck with the driving test and have a great time on hols .

I wonder if you would have the time for watching it ,it does however not dispel the bible it actually reinforces belief but sheds an explanation on the texts where the bible references beings from the sky coming down and explains that the vocabulary of biblical times was not as present therefore the words used were the best they had to descibe the occurences .

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back