Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this misty day another 26 deg.forecast .I hope all are well after a super slumber . Yesterday was the 26th anniversary of us meeting in Spain .I don't know if i have mentioned but we have only been apart for 9 weeks since we met .I closed my little business and moved on the promise of work when I got here .
So after a bottle of bubbly ,an ouzo to celebate @Val P and a G&T to celebrate @Barnfred 55 we were relaxing musing over being pensioners and how it probably isn't the best time in life to be free of work .
So I have this idea ----- Everyone should upon leaving mainstream education be given 20 years pension to live free of work ,to enjoy all that allows while they still can ----then they work until they drop at whatever age . This is based upon current life spans and such and will of course get altered by the next government ,who will cancel it for all except those going into politics .
Have a great day all COYB
Congratulations to you both!

I’m not with you on your idea I must admit. Why do you think Pension age isn’t the best time to be free of work?

Morning all on this wonderful day. Please welcome Cicely Frances to the world, arriving yesterday morning and both mum and daughter are doing well. I am over the moon and can’t wait to meet her. Another little blue girl 💙
Wonderful news! Love the name. There’s a herb “Sweet Cicely” but you probably know that. Many congratulations to you all. 💙
IMG_1461.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations to you both!

I’m not with you on your idea I must admit. Why do you think Pension age isn’t the best time to be free of work?
Well in the nicest possible way our bodies are old and may I say a bit worn out isn't conducive to mobility therefore bungy jumping etc. are of the bucket list .Whereas at 20 ish we could do it all and then recover whilst working .I am lucky with mobility as I can get around quite well but we see so many around our age that hobble or worse ,that is what I am on about .

Well in the nicest possible way our bodies are old and may I say a bit worn out isn't conducive to mobility therefore bungy jumping etc. are of the bucket list .Whereas at 20 ish we could do it all and then recover whilst working .I am lucky with mobility as I can get around quite well but we see so many around our age that hobble or worse ,that is what I am on about .
Like a reverse bucket list almost- do it all before entering the world of work. I get the sentiment but imagine having a funded 20 years to live your dreams then being told you are now 9 to 5 in an office. I sense problems there.

Morning all on this wonderful day. Please welcome Cicely Frances to the world, arriving yesterday morning and both mum and daughter are doing well. I am over the moon and can’t wait to meet her. Another little blue girl 💙
Congratulations @Val P , super news for you , we “ need” another granddaughter to balance out the grandsons plus they’re lovely 🙂

Many years ago, probably when I was in my 40’s , I used to say jokingly that “ education was wasted on the young and retirement wasted on the old” . There’s a bit of your philosophy in there perhaps, but now well into retirement I don’t regret it one bit. I have time to educate myself and appreciate it in any topic I want , and I try to make the most of my life. I agree with you about mobility issues in older age and I count my blessings in that respect.

Mine didn’t….
It seems it only does it on mine and for that I profusely apologise to all who attempted to open it .
It is a fad that has gripped the children in Finland where they dress as animals to the extent they go out without shoes "because animals have no shoes " and they spend the lesson growling ,purring or barking at the teacher .So much so that it has been banned in many schools -only for the parents to complain that the "child was losing their identity and shouldn't be address as a child but as an animal "! What I ask is the world coming to ?

It seems it only does it on mine and for that I profusely apologise to all who attempted to open it .
It is a fad that has gripped the children in Finland where they dress as animals to the extent they go out without shoes "because animals have no shoes " and they spend the lesson growling ,purring or barking at the teacher .So much so that it has been banned in many schools -only for the parents to complain that the "child was losing their identity and shouldn't be address as a child but as an animal "! What I ask is the world coming to ?
Didn’t work for me either but topical.

Lazy commentary on transgender rights trots out the line about if I choose to identify as a cat etc

Fully accept if I have taken one issue and conflated it with another. Enoch Burke is forever in the news here.

@Armaghtoffee , you have my sympathise.

Against my better judgement and because the cricket finished early ( we lost ) I watched the Ireland v England game.

Good job they were wearing green shirts otherwise I would have sworn I was watching Everton.

My god Ireland were pants. It's absolutely not fair. No man should have to support two teams as bad as Everton and Ireland.
Early days under a new manager, against the 4th best team in the world at that.

4th 🇮🇪.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back