2023/24 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tried a back 5 because Doucs was out mate, it was either Keane or Godfrey (who fellas will also slate when picked), it's not like there's loads of other options. Yes, he should have changed it much earlier, he didn't, we lost badly. I just think the Dyche/Keane haters jump on anything instead of taking today's result for what it is and seeing the bigger picture, that being we're miles further on than 12 months ago.
Dyche has done a great job but we are going through a little spell of it not working. I cant understand why he does not use Danjouma as a straight replacement for Doucs. He looks like he can do that job to me.

Dyche has done a great job but we are going through a little spell of it not working. I cant understand why he does not use Danjouma as a straight replacement for Doucs. He looks like he can do that job to me.
I think it's fairly evident by now Dyche doesn't really fancy Danjuma at all. Half way through the season and he's had a few occasional runs out; similar story with his last loan spell. It's not as if he's done anything special when he has been on the pitch tbf.

Pretty sure Frank barely let him near a football once Coady & Tarks were brought to the club, but then in comes daddy Dyche and the walking relegation machine goes straight back into the team, week after week for about a dozen times, no matter how many mistakes he makes, as we slid ever close to the drop because he absolutely is Dyche's boy. Hell, as soon as this season started he was first choice again and it was his usual sabotage act against Villa that finally took him out.

None of that means that MK will now be a starter in the side from here on in of course (I doubt he will), but it's perfectly fair and true to say he is very much the go-to boy for Dyche when there is a vacancy to be filled. He's perfectly happy to change the system and shape to get him in the side if needs be, because that's Dyche's default preference. If that doesn't tell you Dyche rates him and has a place for him (albeit not regular starter) I don't know what to tell you.
No its not fair to say that at all and it reeks of preconceived notion.

Of course he has a place for him in the squad, we have got nothing else!

You are talking nonsense. You are not the only one with this weird opinion though to be fair.

I agree that Keane is an error waiting to happen and should not be in the first 11. Did he make any obvious errors yesterday or is he just the convenient whipping boy for a (very) poor team effort? And, it's a very worrying world where Godfrey is considered to be the solution.

I agree that Keane is an error waiting to happen and should not be in the first 11. Did he make any obvious errors yesterday or is he just the convenient whipping boy for a (very) poor team effort? And, it's a very worrying world where Godfrey is considered to be the solution.

He almost cost a goal with a bizarre clearance mixup with Tarkowski. It’s not that he’s full of errors it’s just he seems to completely unsettle everyone. He makes the crowd instantly nervous and frankly no idea why he’s even being used.

He almost cost a goal with a bizarre clearance mixup with Tarkowski. It’s not that he’s full of errors it’s just he seems to completely unsettle everyone. He makes the crowd instantly nervous and frankly no idea why he’s even being used.
Ahh. I missed that one, hidden amongst the misery of the rest of the game. He is a liability. When we're stretched for numbers, it's a question of who (out of Keane, Godfrey and Holgate) can 'out-liability' the other?
Only at Everton!

Ahh. I missed that one, hidden amongst the misery of the rest of the game. He is a liability. When we're stretched for numbers, it's a question of who (out of Keane, Godfrey and Holgate) can 'out-liability' the other?
Only at Everton!

Problem with yesterday is he just didn’t have to play. It wasn’t like one of our regular CB’s was out. He was just plopped in with Dyche thinking he can somehow use a formation he rarely uses against a team using the formation that took them into the league originally.

Problem with yesterday is he just didn’t have to play. It wasn’t like one of our regular CB’s was out. He was just plopped in with Dyche thinking he can somehow use a formation he rarely uses against a team using the formation that took them into the league originally.

The penalty area gets a bit crowded and confused.

The reason he played was because of lack of cover in midfield. Gomes hasn’t played any football and would have been playing a 3rd game in a week. Having said that he struggled yesterday and he was playing last man in the 3 which wouldn’t have been my position for him. You can tell by his face how stressed he is when things are going wrong. The players in front of him looked leggy too which didn’t help. We need to ring some changes for Thursday and freshen up the team and have 11 fresh players for Villa a week on Saturday. Get back on track, today was a blip we move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back