2024/25 Michael Keane

10 PL starts when Dyche came in.

20 goals conceded.

View attachment 269563

He should never have any role in our club after that debacle.

Aye, but we were 19th and wrote off as down an he hadn't had a single minute when Dyche was appointed. That was with Coady/Tarkowski.

Nobody wants Keane starting but I think sometimes players like him mask the bigger problem - which is if you're not a threat/can't score - you aren't going to do well.

Things like this;

1724062180120.png

Aye, but we were 19th and wrote off as down an he hadn't had a single minute when Dyche was appointed. That was with Coady/Tarkowski.

Nobody wants Keane starting but I think sometimes players like him mask the bigger problem - which is if you're not a threat/can't score - you aren't going to do well.

Things like this;

View attachment 269564

Which makes it doubly important that we don’t play Keane as we concede every single time he plays.

Things like this;

View attachment 269564

just a horrific stat that.

the single biggest peice of evidence that the manager doesn't have a plan B and when we go behind he is completely helpless.

that brighton manager made changes after 25 mins to counter what we was doing and completely changed the game, our manager hasn't got a scooby

The thing is they don’t. I’ve had a few people on here try and tell me that Keane was “fine” on Saturday. He wasn’t and isn’t. We will continue to concede goals whenever he plays.
Dont understand how people can’t see that Keane is the cause of all the defensive issues every single time he starts/plays. Keane wasn’t fine on Saturday, he’s a liability who makes people play worse that are around him.
Appreciate he's a lightning rod, and none of us want him starting but we still lose at the weekend if Branthwaite or OBrien was at centre half.
Disagree - we may still have lost, but I think we would stand a much better chance if any kind of result without Keane in the 11/squad.

Appreciate he's a lightning rod, and none of us want him starting but we still lose at the weekend if Branthwaite or OBrien was at centre half.

Disagree - we may still have lost, but I think we would stand a much better chance if any kind of result without Keane in the 11/squad.

Laughing.

Not disputing we're a better team with Branthwaite, but we lost 3-0.

I rate Branthwaite as high as anyone, but can't see him making the difference there.

Minteh absolutely laughed at Mykolenko and found Mitoma who Tarkowski just seemingly couldn't be arsed bothering with.

Pretty much gameover when we go 1-0.

Gana gifts them the 2nd.

Ashley Young gives them a man advantage.

Adingra makes it 3.

Likes of Doucoure had an absolute shocker. Harrison, and McNeil offered nothing at all either.

But yeah, Michael Vincent Keane.

just a horrific stat that.

the single biggest peice of evidence that the manager doesn't have a plan B and when we go behind he is completely helpless.

that brighton manager made changes after 25 mins to counter what we was doing and completely changed the game, our manager hasn't got a scooby
Yes but Dyche has had 10 years experience where as this guy is only 31 😲

The sooner Dyche is gone the better

With branthwaite we may well have still lost but what is for sure is tarks might well have been slightly differently positioned if he'd had branthwaite next to him for the first goal as well as other situations that get caused by the uncertainty of playing next to a player in keane that makes his central defensive partner feel they have to cover for the inevitable cock up on its way. The whole defense looks different and plays differently with keane in it.

Laughing.

I rate Branthwaite as high as anyone, but can't see him making the difference there.

Minteh absolutely laughed at Mykolenko and found Mitoma who Tarkowski just seemingly couldn't be arsed bothering with.

Gana gifts them the 2nd.

Adingra makes it 3.

Likes of Doucoure had an absolute shocker. Harrison, and McNeil offered nothing at all either.

Not one post in the Gana thread. Let's Mitoma make a 35 yard run through the center of the pitch on the first goal, then the obvious mistake on the second.

Keane shouldn't be playing, but it's very comfortable to keep blaming the same guys.

Laughing.

Gana gifts them the 2nd.

Adingra makes it 3.

Exactly my point earlier. 90%+ of our fan base can't stand him, but blaming Keane for Saturday is embarrassing and delusional.

Not one post in the Gana thread. Let's Mitoma make a 35 yard run through the center of the pitch on the first goal, then the obvious mistake on the second.

Keane shouldn't be playing, but it's very comfortable to keep blaming the same guys.

to be fair though, Gana is quite consistent and one of our better players.

whereas almost everytime keane plays he is crap.

that's why one thread is flooded and one isnt

Laughing.

Gana gifts them the 2nd.

Adingra makes it 3.

I think if you compare the relative positions of Branthwaite and Tarks when they played together and Keane and Tarks on Sat, we would see the issue. At the game on Saturday the amount of times Keane was in no man's land leaving three at the back, and everyone getting pulled everywhere out of position, contributed to this defeat enormously IMO.

Laughing.

Gana gifts them the 2nd.

Adingra makes it 3.

Agree - all the above in your post is due to his inclusion in the side, he unsettles annd negatively impacts the performance of every single player in the team, including the gk. we may not have been anywhere near as bad if O’Brien started, and I know we would have been better with branthwaite in the team.

I agree the only player who came out of the game with any credit was Tim, the rest were poor.

He’s not a scapegoat, he’s the catalyst for the rot.

The stats when he plays versus when he doesn’t back this up.

Agree - all the above in your post is due to his inclusion in the side, he unsettles annd negatively impacts the performance of every single player in the team, including the gk. we may not have been anywhere near as bad if O’Brien started, and I know we would have been better with branthwaite in the team.

I agree the only player who came out of the game with any credit was Tim, the rest were poor.

He’s not a scapegoat, he’s the catalyst for the rot.

The stats when he plays versus when he doesn’t back this up.

That bold hit there mate.

Is why I mentioned how we sat 19th on 30th Jan and widely wrote off as relegated when we sacked Lampard. All without 1 single minute of Michael Keane.

The bigger problem with us and what dictates relegation scrap is our final third. The fact we were 19th going into Feb without Keane should give a clue.

Really, really bad game - but its made worse by the fact that Ireogbunam is trying to do the same thing as him (jump out the midfield pivot, win the ball high up the pitch, force high turnovers). That's fine when it works - but when it doesn't, you get Brighton with the absolute freedom of Goodison to run at Keane and Tarkowski.

So much vitriol towards Keane, and broadly I thought he was okay on Saturday - but the midfield two left the two CBs badly, badly exposed yesterday (see the Welbeck goal, both CBs split trying to cover Welbeck and the wingers).

I'd feel better about Spurs if the lineup didn't include both Gana and Ireogbunam, put it that way

That bold hit there mate.

Is why I mentioned how we sat 19th on 30th Jan and widely wrote off as relegated when we sacked Lampard. All without 1 single minute of Michael Keane.

The bigger problem with us and what dictates relegation scrap is our final third. The fact we were 19th going into Feb without Keane should give a clue.

Im pretty sure there was a discussion on this around the time and over two periods of partnership coady and tarkowski conceded less than double that of keane tarkowski. Id have to double check that but im sure it was posted on here.
Keane creates uncertainty amongst others.
Its been done to death though on here. Keane plays last season and Everton are nowhere near that defensive record. True the final third never kept us up. The other end did. Put keane in there and that evaporates.
Saying that. Ashley young at home to brighton. Own goal last season. Red card this season.
There's a bigger liability.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back