2024/25 Michael Keane

I don’t agree with McNeil. I don’t think he’s improved one bit. He’s had periods of better form over very short periods but on the whole he’s been as crap as he was pre dyche.

You're forgetting him under Lampard I reckon.

When Dyche come in, McNeils game went to another level. Something like 5 goals in that run in - Brentford and Brighton ones spring to mind.

He was below par/bit crap last season - needed a spell out the team but didn't really have anyone - but overall I'd say McNeil improved under Dyche. Need him to get a grip this season though.

McNeil and Doucoure have had a handful of games between them when they've looked good.

Neither have improved and both are exactly the same players we bough. McNeil was a winger who didn't impact games and Doucoure was a limited footballer with an engine

Aug-Jan under Lampard. 0 goals. Sulking.

Feb-May under Dyche. 5 goals. Huge goals too tbf, one kept us in the league.

Find it odd anyone would contest Dyche hasnt got more out of Doucoure. Joint top scorer for us last season too wasn't he.

We need to sell him, get him on the bench and only play in a deeper squad rotation role but Dyche definitely has got more out of Doucoure.

You're forgetting him under Lampard I reckon.

When Dyche come in, McNeils game went to another level. Something like 5 goals in that run in - Brentford and Brighton ones spring to mind.

He was below par/bit crap last season - needed a spell out the team but didn't really have anyone - but overall I'd say McNeil improved under Dyche. Need him to get a grip this season though.
I get what you mean but I don’t think he’s improved as a player. He’s shown better form under dyche at times like you have said.

Myko has genuinely improved as he looked like an amateur pre dyche. Genuine improvement in his positioning and defensive traits.

When you look at that season McNeil had at Burnley when he done well, he’s never once got close to that level again. I think that was a one off with good form. I don’t think he’s improved as a footballer since being at Everton. He’s just an average player.

I get what you mean but I don’t think he’s improved as a player. He’s shown better form under dyche at times like you have said.

Myko has genuinely improved as he looked like an amateur pre dyche. Genuine improvement in his positioning and defensive traits.

When you look at that season McNeil had at Burnley when he done well, he’s never once got close to that level again. I think that was a one off with good form. I don’t think he’s improved as a footballer since being at Everton. He’s just an average player.

Think his spell in Dyche's run in was the best he's been. This is from when we signed him;

His breakthrough season was in 2018–19, when he scored three goals and provided five assists. He then played in all 38 games the following year, helping Burnley finish 10th.

His output fell last season, when he could only contribute one assist in a struggling relegated Burnley team, though he was in the top one per cent of attacking midfielders in the league for interceptions and blocks.

^So no great shakes at Burnley. I know he had a lot on his case last season like, and he needed a spell out of the team which we couldn't seem to afford but yeah - big season for him.

I'd say Tarks was his normal consistent self
Doucoure/McNeil not sure about that
Mykolenko improved but i think thats because all we do is defend.

Not sure mate on Tarkowski shout. We were 19th before Dyche rocked up. Last season we had a brilliant defensive record.

But yeah, like Mykolenko - thats a result of how we play/setup but that's still the manager getting more out of them players.

Aug-Jan under Lampard. 0 goals. Sulking.

Feb-May under Dyche. 5 goals. Huge goals too tbf, one kept us in the league.

Find it odd anyone would contest Dyche hasnt got more out of Doucoure. Joint top scorer for us last season too wasn't he.

We need to sell him, get him on the bench and only play in a deeper squad rotation role but Dyche definitely has got more out of Doucoure.

Its not odd; because they haven't improved.

He played Doucoure more forward because of his engine, it works away form home and rarely at home. Like Saturday the majority of the games pass him by, he has no technical ability to impact.

If Dyche improved players than Doucoure would improve his technical ability and he would be more influential in more games. But he hasn't, what he's done his worked on the "small margins" with Doucoure and its paid off with some goals, mainly away from home. Because at home, its like playing with 10 men.

And McNeil, like his entire career will have around 5-8 games this season where he will look good and people will cream their kecks again. Then it'll be the back to the most pointless winger in the league

He played Doucoure more forward because of his engine, it works away form home and rarely at home. Like Saturday the majority of the games pass him by, he has no technical ability to impact.

If Dyche improved players than Doucoure would improve his technical ability and he would be more influential in more games. But he hasn't, what he's done his worked on the "small margins" with Doucoure and its paid off with some goals, mainly away from home. Because at home, its like playing with 10 men.

And McNeil, like his entire career will have around 5-8 games this season where he will look good and people will cream their kecks again. Then it'll be the back to the most pointless winger in the league

I disagree.

As would most I think - including the player himself;

No one is improving this guy's technical ability, he's 31. He has improved his productivity. That's objective.

I disagree.

As would most I think - including the player himself;

Oh so an article about he runs more. Which I believe I said in the post you responded to.

Used for his engine.

Shame he we play football and not long distance running

Oh so an article about he runs more. Which I believe I said in the post you responded to.

Used for his engine.

Shame he we play football and not long distance running

/Sigh.

No one is improving this guy's technical ability, he's 31. He has improved his productivity. That's objective.

Bingo.

Player isn't in the squad under previous manager. Visibly sulking on the pitch.

Player becomes joint top goal scorer. Scores goals (and the goal) that kept us in the league.

"In terms of chances created from open play, he also ranks seventh, having created 16 opportunities for his team-mates. Interestingly, the six players who have created more are all playing for teams in the top six. That makes him a potent weapon for Everton"

Without question Dyche got more out of Doucoure. He's still a limited footballer and it pains me he's still being played as a number 10, but jeez Dyche got more out of him.

Without question Dyche got more out of Doucoure. He's still a limited footballer and it pains me he's still being played as a number 10, but jeez Dyche got more out of him.
You never said got more, you said improved. Massive difference

Mykolenko has visibly improved, he's more competent in one v one's, hold his position better, is stronger etc

Doucoure has played further forward and repliacted what he did at Watford.

/Sigh.

Bingo.

Player isn't in the squad under previous manager. Visibly sulking on the pitch.

Player becomes joint top goal scorer. Scores goals (and the goal) that kept us in the league.

"In terms of chances created from open play, he also ranks seventh, having created 16 opportunities for his team-mates. Interestingly, the six players who have created more are all playing for teams in the top six. That makes him a potent weapon for Everton"

Off topic- reported!

You never said got more, you said improved. Massive difference

Mykolenko has visibly improved, he's more competent in one v one's, hold his position better, is stronger etc

Doucoure has played further forward and repliacted what he did at Watford.

Ok then.

He's also improved him, evidently based on improved productivity. Doucoure has offered Everton a lot more under Sean Dyche. Improved and got more out of.

Mykolenko has improved because Dyche has protected him.

Doucoure has improved because Dyche has took his traits that yes, "would be good for long distance running" and used them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back