Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Michael Keane

I also think the opposition see his name on the team sheet and automatically lift their game and prey on him. And when 2-0 down they still don’t believe the game is lost, because there’s always a chance he’ll gift them at least two goals to get back into it. And the fans in the ground are 10x more nervous than they would be if a centre back with a calming presence was mopping things up. It all adds up to us pissing goals in left right and centre basically.

The stats I stuck up on Keane mate, if I was an opposition manager seeing him in the Everton team I'd stick those stats up in the changing room pre match. And at half time even if down remind everyone of them.

Two years in a row we've had to go through the manager's bizarre attempt to reintegrate Keane as a starting defender. We've lost all 6 matches in August during that time.

Now I'm not saying these losses are all down to one player because that's certainly not true. But this is just an example of the strange decision making by the manager and his refusal to back new players over players who have been poor for years.

Any manager who repeatedly makes the sane mistakes shouldn't be managing at this level.

Staying with Keane is unforgivable, bringing Doucoure on yesterday was entirely down to Dyche as well, Bournemouth getting well on top so stick a big lump who can't keep hold of the ball on and shift an exhausted McNeil wide to leave Mykolenko getting doubled up on.

Shocking tactical decisions

Two years in a row we've had to go through the manager's bizarre attempt to reintegrate Keane as a starting defender. We've lost all 6 matches in August during that time.

Now I'm not saying these losses are all down to one player because that's certainly not true. But this is just an example of the strange decision making by the manager and his refusal to back new players over players who have been poor for years.

Any manager who repeatedly makes the sane mistakes shouldn't be managing at this level.

And I can't even stress how frustrated I am that we spent our remaining budget on a defender who sits on the bench behind Keane. The lack of strategy is unacceptable at this club.

That defender shouldn’t be sitting on the bench behind Keane though. He was bought with the idea that he’d be playing at the start of the season while Branthwaite was injured, and he should’ve been playing and helping us earn points. That’s on the manager that he’s stuck with Keane and thrown points down the drain. The manager should be sacked.

The manager is picking him though, so you surely must back his decisions……

I’ve always said that any manager who consistently picks Michael Keane will get himself fired. He’s a one person relegation machine. If Dyche continues to pick him he’ll write his own P45 as Silva Benitez Lampard did. You can have the best 11 in the world but if Keane is playing centre back he’ll shaft you every time. His premier league career is an absolute miracle to me, the bloke is useless at football.

The ball watching for the winning goal sums up exactly why he’s so bad. Most people won’t see that as a direct error, and it won’t be recorded on the stats as one, but a proper centre half is scanning the area, seeing the lad ghosting in at the back post and putting himself in a position to clear the cross. He doesn’t have a clue the lad is there, because he hasn’t checked over his shoulder. This is what people are talking about when they say he causes us to leak 3+ goals per game, it’s little things like this rather than outwardly booting it in his own net or playing a striker clean through.

People have been telling me he’s been “fine” because he hasn’t made a direct howler that’s gifted the opposition a goal, but he hasn’t been fine because he’s not been doing basic duties that a centre back should be doing. It’s just about understanding the game really.
Must have nearly 250 premier league games under his belt and he still doesn't know how to defend. Remember being gutted when we bought him after Lukaku absolutely bullied him in Koemans 1st season, he hasn't improved 1 bit since that game

Keanes last ten games starting for us

Played 10, won 2, lost 8
Scored 4, conceded 29
Conceded 3 or more goals in 7 out of those 10 games.
5 games conceded 3, 2 games conceded 4, one game conceded 6.

The lad should never play for us again.
This is the glaring truth. Yeah people will say ‘he scored and wasn’t directly at fault for any of the goals’ but it’s patently clear we cannot defend as a unit when he plays.

But he’s One of the managers favourites, so unless Conchord Kev sells him to Saudi, he will be third choice.

I’ve always said that any manager who consistently picks Michael Keane will get himself fired. He’s a one person relegation machine. If Dyche continues to pick him he’ll write his own P45 as Silva Benitez Lampard did. You can have the best 11 in the world but if Keane is playing centre back he’ll shaft you every time. His premier league career is an absolute miracle to me, the bloke is useless at football.
So dyche’s judgement is inherently flawed then? interesting

Not sure we can blame keane really for the defeat last night...first goal from Bournemouth is a clear mistake from mykolenko which was starting to struggle physically minutes before the goal. After that no really a lot of help from the midfielders which were probably also struggling physically and far too high on the pitch. Dyche should have injected more energy in the centre of the pitch, especially with garner on the bench.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back