Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect to Ibra , he applied him self heavily to other aspects such as becoming a black belt in various martial art forms which have been very key to him becoming a top player...you can see it in his goals and the way he plays....he is crazy good...

Ibrahimovic worked very hard. Every player at the top, top level has a combination of immense talent and thousands of hours of training with a 'it's never enough' attitude.

Christiano Ronaldo for example, from what I've read at least, dedicated himself hugely to improving his finishing with countless hours of extra work.

Its not a myth, but i agree with the point your making, most outcomes in life are more nurture than nature

Not a myth as in it doesn't exist I mean, a myth that you can be a professional footballer on that alone. George Best, Paul Gascoigne, Lionel Messi etc. all had/have natural talent, but it means nothing unless it's combined with hard work. Some kids are better at football than others if they're both playing it for the first time, but if you gave 10 crap 6 year olds an academy footballing education they'd be better than any kid with natural talent who hasn't had any proper coaching.

There's a good book about it by Matthew Syed which basically claims/proves that if you were physically capable and trained for something like 10,000 hours you could be at an elite level in any sport no matter who you are. Could be bollocks, who knows, but it's interesting.

Not a myth as in it doesn't exist I mean, a myth that you can be a professional footballer on that alone. George Best, Paul Gascoigne, Lionel Messi etc. all had/have natural talent, but it means nothing unless it's combined with hard work. Some kids are better at football than others if they're both playing it for the first time, but if you gave 10 crap 6 year olds an academy footballing education they'd be better than any kid with natural talent who hasn't had any proper coaching.

There's a good book about it by Matthew Syed which basically claims/proves that if you were physically capable and trained for something like 10,000 hours you could be at an elite level in any sport no matter who you are. Could be bollocks, who knows, but it's interesting.

I defo agree everything we are at an adult point is more nurture than nature, just that it can never be 100% percent so, otherwise we would be born as a blob of clay with no traits or natural instincts

Batshuayi Parents: Everton emailed the Chairman about a transfer but he won’t speak to us

The parents of Michy Batshuayi have accused the Standard Liege chairman Roland Duchâtelet in the Belgian press of pushing their son out of the club and that they have seen an email from Everton with regards to a transfer of the player but the Chairman won’t return their calls about it.

Batshuayi has been linked with Everton all summer and Roberto Martinez is desperate to add quality to his strike force to help the burden on Romelu Lukaku. The club are close to sealing the loan move of Ivorian Lacina Traore and are interested along with Arsenal and Banfica in 20 year Belgian Batshuayi

Belgium daily Het Laatste Nieuws delivered quotes from Batshuayi’s parents on Tuesday on the current current status of their son:

To be perfectly honest, we often have the impression that the president is pushing our son to the exit door. Our manager has confirmed to us that Everton have contacted him, because Mr. Duchâtelet was contacted directly by email from Everton about the possibility of a transfer. We have also seen that e-mail.

Since the beginning of the whole affair, we have made repeated attempts to reach [Mr. Duchâtelet] by telephone, but he hasn’t answered our calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back