Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If £15M is almost £20M I hate to have you as my accountant! :oops:

was there a sell on clause in our original deal with Standard?

I believe there was and this is surely what @Pabbers was referring to. So £15m being the original transfer fee with ~£5m being owed after selling him to MUFC due to a sell on clause. I'm just speculating here. *shrugs*

There is talk that this lad could be the next big Belgian superstar. He looks a good prospect and for us to do anything with our current financial situation we need to take a punt on someone who has potential that could be a superstar- I hope this is that player.

Here's my jarg scouting report on the pros and cons of signing him based on various Youtube clips.

Pros:
- Looks to have good technique
- Good movement off the ball
- Loves to score from acute angles
- Doesn't do any pish dancing when he scores, does flips
- He's young, Belgian, and would be much cheaper than Lukaku

Cons:
- Looks to have about average pace for a front man
- Doesn't seem to be a target man, which always seems important for us
- His good movement will go ignored as we never play through balls

Verdict - Sign him up for less than £10m. Someone e-mail this to Bobby please, cheers.

Pinning your hopes, and budget, on a 20 year old striker from a foreign league isn't the way forward. Lukaku has been playing constantly for 18 months and is still finding it difficult.

You sign Batshuayi wheny you already have an accomplished centre forward in place, so you are not relying on a kid to deliver week in, week out. Unfortunatley we are not in position to do so; to spend a shed load of money on someone who is still developing, not even taking into account his transition to a faster more powerful league, is just crazy

It's a sad indictment on the true state of affairs at GP that Everton, the home of great centre forwards, is currently operating without a permanent employee on the books filling the CF shirt.

There is talk that this lad could be the next big Belgian superstar. He looks a good prospect and for us to do anything with our current financial situation we need to take a punt on someone who has potential that could be a superstar- I hope this is that player.

Is this one of those where we get linked to the player for a certain amount, then someone like City or Liverpool come in for him? (like Fernando and Negredo)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back