Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you said just a few posts earlier you'd never seen him play and your knowledge was based on youtube clips and his goal record mate, i think your talking out your arse no offense like

so true

fm, YouTube and fifa get people far to excited.

ok for someone like city Chelsea to spunk money on him, we need someone to the lead line. Not a risk

so true

fm, YouTube and fifa get people far to excited.

ok for someone like city Chelsea to spunk money on him, we need someone to the lead line. Not a risk

Think its why the loan market is gonna be a very strong focus pretty much long term for us mate, it insures us against making a mistake, any permanent signing has to be done with surety, being old enough to have seen Sharp, Lineker and Gray in the pomp we have to go for Lukaku, he is proven in the league and even if he doesn't develop past his current level he is good enough to lead the line for a top 4 team and a sure fire good investment, that's good enough for me after a hell of a lot of lean years with strikers, just as long as we ensure we have backup decent enough to spell, rest and keep him fresh next season he will power us forward, then its finding that creative element who can play across the line

Long story short I'd rather spend 20m on a player i KNOW will contribute 15+ goals and be able to lead the line vs the very best defences, than gamble on two 8-10m signings who could be anything from amazing to terrible, a striker or lack of one will sink any team (see the polar opposites of Che4lsea and Liverpool for the effects)

Strange as it sounds, Lukaku at 15-20m is actually a safer strategy transfer wise than buying someone from abroad for 8m or so

Think its why the loan market is gonna be a very strong focus pretty much long term for us mate, it insures us against making a mistake, any permanent signing has to be done with surety, being old enough to have seen Sharp, Lineker and Gray in the pomp we have to go for Lukaku, he is proven in the league and even if he doesn't develop past his current level he is good enough to lead the line for a top 4 team and a sure fire good investment, that's good enough for me after a hell of a lot of lean years with strikers, just as long as we ensure we have backup decent enough to spell, rest and keep him fresh next season he will power us forward, then its finding that creative element who can play across the line

Long story short I'd rather spend 20m on a player i KNOW will contribute 15+ goals and be able to lead the line vs the very best defences, than gamble on two 8-10m signings who could be anything from amazing to terrible, a striker or lack of one will sink any team (see the polar opposites of Che4lsea and Liverpool for the effects)

Strange as it sounds, Lukaku at 15-20m is actually a safer strategy transfer wise than buying someone from abroad for 8m or so

Very well put sir!!

The only problem I see is if 20M on lukaku leaves us with only pennies left for the rest of the squad. We need 3 quality signings IMO, plus then some cheap fillers/loans...

He's been named on Belgium's reserve list for the WC!
If Lukaku were to get injured it would have the double benefit of nobody seeing how ace he is at the world cup, so we can sneak in a £4m bid without anyone caring, and we get to see if Michy is actually as good as youtube/fifa say he is at the same time!

Just a plan though..

He looks a bit more mobile than Lukaku judging from the youtube vids and looks a decent finisher. Most of them defenders look like they would struggle in League two though.

Saying that he has got a well better haircut after Rom lost that bet and shaved off his boss dreads (tit) so in conclusion I hope we buy both

This fella reminds me so much as the other Belgium fella who was the new Yaya Toure who we didn't sign when Moyes was here.

He's gonna be great in this World Cup that fella who's name I can't remember...

Norwich found that out with the Wolf's Winkle...he was amazingly terrible

This fella reminds me so much as the other Belgium fella who was the new Yaya Toure who we didn't sign when Moyes was here.

He's gonna be great in this World Cup that fella who's name I can't remember...

vadis Odij ofoe or something. His paper work didn't go through in time bill plugged out the fax machine an hour before the deadline

He didn't make Belgium's WC 23 man squad though. Or even the stand-by list for that matter. ffs, Radja Nainggolan (Roma midfielder) who I rate very highly didn't even make the list of 23 players. That, in itself, is a testament to the strength of the Belgian squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back