Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't make Belgium's WC 23 man squad though. Or even the stand-by list for that matter. ffs, Radja Nainggolan (Roma midfielder) who I rate very highly didn't even make the list of 23 players. That, in itself, is a testament to the strength of the Belgian squad.

bit odd they've only gone with 2 strikers

I think Lukaku is out number one target, if we can't work out a deal for Romeul I think we will change our targets to him.

bit odd they've only gone with 2 strikers

Was gonna look that up given that Benteke is injured, that's a crazy low number
Nader Chadli, Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard, Dries Mertens, Kevin Mirallas & Adnan Januzaj can all play as wide forwards. And Mirallas has played up top for Olymiakos and us.
Could use any of those players as a false 9.
Could also have Fellaini or Dembele off the striker.
So they have 8/10 players to cover the front 3/4 positions.

Nader Chadli, Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard, Dries Mertens, Kevin Mirallas & Adnan Januzaj can all play as wide forwards. And Mirallas has played up top for Olymiakos and us.
Could use any of those players as a false 9.
Could also have Fellaini or Dembele off the striker.
So they have 8/10 players to cover the front 3/4 positions.

yeah but none are out and out strikers. it would be a 2nd position for them, do you really want that in a world cup? they all play the same role, i'm not sure they are all needed. bit like spurs continually buying players for the same position and not addressing the issues that need addressing,

To start with why they wanted to have 3 #9s? The 3rd one will be a wasted place like a 3rd keeper.

Why they are starting with anyone up front in the first place? If Michu can lead the line at Swansea, why they need a natural striker?

yeah but none are out and out strikers. it would be a 2nd position for them, do you really want that in a world cup? they all play the same role, i'm not sure they are all needed. bit like spurs continually buying players for the same position and not addressing the issues that need addressing,

In the unlikely event that both out and out strikers get injured I don't see Mirallas upfront as a weak option. It's going to be roasting out there, hitting target men and hoping for knock downs isn't going to cut it. Keeping possession will be key and you want the best footballers available to you.

In the unlikely event that both out and out strikers get injured I don't see Mirallas upfront as a weak option. It's going to be roasting out there, hitting target men and hoping for knock downs isn't going to cut it. Keeping possession will be key and you want the best footballers available to you.

we saw how bad mirallas was when he played up front, he set the record for the most offsides in 10 minutes ha

I don't know about Roy, I hope I'm wrong but I feel like he's going to revert to 442 as soon as he gets a chance.

i'd have 4-2-3-1 with carrick and barry as holding midfielders having ox, lallana and walcott/sturridge behind rooney myselfas a first choice, but it's all a load of meh whatever team and formation he picks. there's not a lot of international quality, not when you're looking at the other squads.

i'd have 4-2-3-1 with carrick and barry as holding midfielders having ox, lallana and walcott/sturridge behind rooney myselfas a first choice, but it's all a load of meh whatever team and formation he picks. there's not a lot of international quality, not when you're looking at the other squads.
Carrick is just awful whenever I've seen him. I can only assume I don't watch him enough

Lambert is the best False 9 or Hole player England has at the moment. He's the only genuine source of creativity there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back