Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Mike Walker V Roberto Martinez

who was worse £4£ in relative terms

• Walker

• Martinez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All Martinez did was grab two 11th placed trophies while having players such as Baines, Coleman, Stones, Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku at his disposal. A disgraceful performance.

He also got 5th with Everton's record Premier League points haul. Brought Lukaku to the team too. I hate him for that, but I imagine there's a few lads who might appreciate such a contribution

He also got 5th with Everton's record Premier League points haul. Brought Lukaku to the team too. I hate him for that, but I imagine there's a few lads who might appreciate such a contribution
It means nothing though if you follow it up with two mid 40point returns in the following two seasons. To keep talking about that season is incredibly small time, Just like we'd laugh at Kopites for releasing books on finishing 2nd and then finishing 7th the following season.

I bet you Wigan fans cared about it. It will probably be their greatest ever achievement.

I dont care what he did at Wigan though.

Martinez inherited a squad that was creaking. Distin, Osman, Hibbert, and Howard were all regulars under Moyes and all of them were nearing the end of their careers/usefulness.

He also had no strikers of any note in the squad. Jelavic was broke, Anichebe was...well Anichebe. He did have some money, he spent most of it on a striker who we needed desperately and who may not have even came here if Martinez had not got him in the first place.

Martinez failed in the end, we all know that but I am not going to pretend that he has this brilliant squad to work with, there was a lot of work to be done with that squad (who won the square root of bugger all by the way). There still is work to be done as the flaws have still not been rectified.

I will cry if I support Wigan because the club might back to square one and playing in League One next season. Where did it begin? 2013.

Honestly, if Moyes had stayed in the first place I don't see why he can't keep us in 6th/7th despite the creaking squad you have claimed. Every manager faces the same scenario in PL unless you are the few lucky one. It is how you use the resources to adjust your own needs. Lukaku was a great buy but don't pretend the fraud had no resources to strength other area. Why on earth he bought Niasse for £13.5m? Also he bought the spine of a relegation team with him along with McGeady.

The fraud had taken this club backwards. 2 lower half finishes in a row since Moyes took over with a horrible winning rate. He failed miserably.

Last edited:
I will cry if I support Wigan because the club might back to square one and playing in League One next season. Where did it begin? 2013.

Honestly, if Moyes had stayed in the first place I don't see why he can't keep us in 6th/7th despite the creaking squad you have claimed. Every manager faces the same scenario in PL unless you are the few lucky one. It is how you use the resources to adjust your own needs. Lukaku was a great buy but don't pretend the fraud had no resources to strength other area. Why on earth he bought Niasse for £13.5m? Also he bought the spine of a relegation team with him along with McGeady.

The fraud had taken this club backwards. 2 lower half finishes in a row since Moyes took over with a horrible winning rate. He failed miserably.

Two mid table finishes. Not great by any means but not as dramatic sounding as two lower half finishes (Even if both are correct..)

Every manager makes bad signings. Ferguson signed Bebe for silly money, it happens.

Whatever I am delighted that Moyes didnt stay. Whatever anyone says about Martinez, and most of it is true, there was still more chance of winning something under Martinez than Moyes as Moyes is a born loser.

I would say Wigan fans know their lot in life, its not even a football town. Their fans have a memory that will will live with them forever with the cup win.

Two mid table finishes. Not great by any means but not as dramatic sounding as two lower half finishes (Even if both are correct..)

Every manager makes bad signings. Ferguson signed Bebe for silly money, it happens.

Whatever I am delighted that Moyes didnt stay. Whatever anyone says about Martinez, and most of it is true, there was still more chance of winning something under Martinez than Moyes as Moyes is a born loser.

I would say Wigan fans know their lot in life, its not even a football town. Their fans have a memory that will will live with them forever with the cup win.
Probably have a few, tbf.

Can't imagine them forgetting that 9-1 defeat in a hurry.

Maybe. I get what you mean he tends to do better in cup games. In the same vein, we have more chance of relegation.

Martinez by an absolute mile. Walker didn't have anywhere near the squad Martinez had - comparing them is ridiculous.

Both were terrible, but Martinez in his last two seasons was a special type of terrible.

100% agree.

Martinez, given the squad at his disposal, is the worst manager in our history bar none.

100% agree.

Martinez, given the squad at his disposal, is the worst manager in our history bar none.

Oh aye yeah great squad, sweeping everything up in its wake trophy wise.

Walker left and one year later we won a trophy. He was six/seven years removed from our last league winning side.

Martinez took over a side that last won the league 25 years before and hasnt had a sniff of realistically winning anything.

Boss squad!

martinez was so dillusional. his stubborness was his downfall together wirh a back room team of yes men too scared to challenge him. i never remember going to walker's games in charge with as much disrespect as i did with martinez towards the end. the whole atmosphere was toxic. he would have got the club relegated down the line. had the willy wonka golden ticket and lost the plot

Oh aye yeah great squad, sweeping everything up in its wake trophy wise.

Walker left and one year later we won a trophy. He was six/seven years removed from our last league winning side.

Martinez took over a side that last won the league 25 years before and hasnt had a sniff of realistically winning anything.

Boss squad!

You should go in to politics.

To even suggest Mike Walker had a squad comparable to Martinez's in terms of quality is absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back