Minor things that make you happy

I still buy Blu Rays, wall art, cds etc. I don’t think I could ever.go fully digital.

Same here, apart from music, although my girlfriend has just bought a record payer so may start to buy a few vinyls.

Got a pretty decent DVD collection and still prefer to have the the DVD, even if it is on Netflix, etc. Extras, uncut versions are still a bonus for me.

I remember when I was moving flat and had some of my DVDs open in a large suitcase on the floor, a guy who used to live there and was picking up some stuff, really sarcastically said 'Have you heard of Netflix?' so I responded 'Have you heard of the internet going down?' Obviously more to it than that but shut him up for a bit lol.

E982A6A2-2776-47D3-901A-A377CABED860.webp
Was having a dump last night and logged (arf!) onto GOT and noticed there was exactly 1000 users online, so thought I would capture a momentous moment.
Only just remembered to post it though.

Think it was a tough wipe which distracted me.

My dad has had a compost bin for years , always putting food waste in there , but im yet to see any sort of compost ?
Same with me. The thing with compost bins is that you have to turn them a lot so it has enough air or ventilation, and one also needs to keep up with the right amount of greens (nitrogen) vs Brown (Carbon) so it just takes a lot of effort to make good compost. That’s the reason I’m so happy with this new program the city is conducting as it seems they will be more successful than I’m with my composting bin. And once a year the city will be giving free compost to those participating in the program ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back