Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the plan is to win the ball back quickly so we can let our attacking players do the work. Gana was a beast in interceptions last year and schneiderlin was prolific while at Southampton. We have been woeful at times in recent seasons at winning back possession and disruption of opposition. If we couple Gana and Schneiderlin with a proper number 10 we could be very effective.
I don't disagree with the combatitiveness point you make. I just don't see ANY evidence to suggest that the creativity needed to go alongside it will be brought in or will be a priority for Koeman.

"He was brilliant at Southampton, their fans loved him"

If ever there was a plaudit designed to destroy an argument unintentionally, there it is.
With all respect Dave, 'brilliant at Southampton' could also be levelled at clyne, lallana, mane and lovern and sadly just look where they are and how they are playing at present.

The lads wanted by West Brom.

I think that just about sums this up.

Hopefully we aren't in for him. And if we are and spend more than £9m on a drone like this Koeman is going to be an expensive vanity project for Moshiri and he'll saddle us with expensive tosh like Bolassie for a generation.

Fingers crossed the real Pulis beats Dutch Pulis to the punch on this one.

With all respect Dave, 'brilliant at Southampton' could also be levelled at clyne, lallana, mane and lovern and sadly just look where they are and how they are playing at present.
Only one I'd take is Lallana who really does a footbal brain. Koeman would have hated him if he'd stayed on to play under him.

Hopefully we aren't in for him. And if we are and spend more than £9m on a drone like this Koeman is going to be an expensive vanity project for Moshiri and he'll saddle us with expensive tosh like Bolassie for a generation.

lol

Bravo... Bravo...

Can tell everyone is between the end of the holidays and the return to work with all this angst and fume. Hopefully it doesn't reflect on the atmosphere tomorrow

Schneiderlin was a bit part player at Southampton. Wanyama was the main force in CM. Schneiderlin is just a bread and butter player and the only thing Koeman would have him for is to encourage the long ball game. His stock in trade is to pump long diagonals to wingers. An utterly predictable brand of football that even Moyes distanced himself from when he left Everton.

He started 55 out of 76 PL games in his last two seasons at Southampton (I imagine 5-10 were from injury? With the remainder most likely coming on off the bench), so far from a bit part player for them.

I think he's as good as we can get right now, which I still think is a top 4-6 standard of player at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back