Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out to just as @davek started arguing in this theead and pop back 3 hours later and he is still going!

Hope whoever we sign this window has the same stamina lol
I keep getting dragged back in!

Recap:

It's not a priority position to deal with

The fee is ridiculous for someone of his class

The sell on for him in the future will be zip

He'll compound an already overused route one plan

Think the lad want's to be loved and played. Not making the squad at man Utd to sitting on the bench at liverpool will not be what he is looking for.

Recap:

We lack quality in the god damn middle of the park

The fee is good for a quality player with vast premier league experience in his prime

You arent paying it

He has a passing range others can only dream of

It hasn't got quite as bad as that yet mate.

Bolassie for getting on for £30m and this feller £20 odd million?!

It's 'kin daft fees and the selling clubs are pissing themselves.

£23mil for Bolasie.

£22mil for Snides (should we not Ev it up)

Two good players in their prime. Bolasie took a bad bit of luck square on.

Schneiderlin will come in and fill a vital role in the team - he has the passing range and positioning of Barry, but the added bonus he can run.

He fits into any 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 system, or a 4-2-3-1, and knows the manager and how the manager wants to play.

No. Brainer.

He's head and shoulders above Schneiderlin in terms of influencing results. I'd pay £15m-£20m for him no bother, worth every penny.

Ok Dave, how come he bombed out at spurs then?

You seen the stats that show United's results with and without scheiderlin last season btw? Would that not classify as influencing results?

As for 15m, yeah mate Swansea would sell him for the same price ibe went for, or for half the fee of sissoko.

Recap:

Leicester have just paid £15m for a Nigerian kid from Genk who's made 60 appearances.

£25m for Schneiderlin is not a huge amount of money. This isn't 2011.

Ok Dave, how come he bombed out at spurs then?

You seen the stats that show United's results with and without scheiderlin last season btw? Would that not classify as influencing results?

As for 15m, yeah mate Swansea would sell him for the same price ibe went for, or for half the fee of sissoko.

Sigi is doing a great job of influencing results down in Wales.

You actually make a great case for leaving the cm options as they are. It really isn't a non brainer position to deal with this month.

The cash fee is going to compound the error.

Ok Dave for the next Month who should be starting in centre mid for us, McCarthy is injured, besic is injured, gana is at the afcon.

Barry isn't getting any younger. This will leave us with 4 central midfield options of Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Davies and Gana. Top teams have 2 players for every postion, that's where we are going with this one. I agree we do need competition for Barkley and I think Sigurðsson would be a fantastic addition. We were linked in the summer, but not so far this window so I doubt it. We need a Striker also. But for £20ish million, this is a mo brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back