Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting dragged back in!

Recap:

It's not a priority position to deal with

The fee is ridiculous for someone of his class

The sell on for him in the future will be zip

He'll compound an already overused route one plan

I agree with Davek that it's not really the area we need improvement in most urgently. We need someone who can create chances for Lukaku and someone who can take some of the goal scoring burden off Lukaku. Does seem a strange target unless we're planning on spending big in this window.

Ok Dave for the next no th who should be starting in centre mid for us, McCarthy is injured, besic is injured, gana is at the afcon.

Makes for grim reading seeing that, as it stands, our midfield options to play Leicester on Saturday and City next week are:

Barry
Davies
Cleverley

3 CM's, of which 2 aren't cutting it and the other is a 19-year-old who has just broken into the team.

Might not the most desperate of positions to fill (but is still desperate) and much rather get this guy now than lose out on him and fumble around in the summer for someone of equal quality/experience. No brainer for me.

Makes for grim reading seeing that, as it stands, our midfield options to play Leicester on Saturday and City next week are:

Barry
Davies
Cleverley

3 CM's, of which 2 aren't cutting it and the other is a 19-year-old who has just broken into the team.

Exactly which is why anyone thinking we don't need a quality cm in fast is deluded at best and pure wumming at worst.

not now but at some point we will have barry davies barkley besic mccarthy gueye who all play at cm i think the money would be better spent on other areas like gk or cb

not now but at some point we will have barry davies barkley besic mccarthy gueye who all play at cm i think the money would be better spent on other areas like gk or cb

Barry is coming to the end of his career
Davies is a kid who, while he looks Magic, is still a kid
Barkley isn't a true CM, plays just in front. Morgan does his defensive duties.
Besic who we don't know if Koeman rates him or if he's going to properly recover from his injury
McCarthy will leave
Gueye who will benefit because you can actually rest him.

Yes, we need a Keeper but we'll likely wait until the summer.
CB isn't as pressing because Funes Mori is boss.

It's not a priority position to deal with
Wholeheartedly disagree. As I've mentioned a number of times previously, we offer very little tempo, creativity or movement in the centre.

For all the positives of Gana, who I personally think is a top player, he doesn't appear to have the passing versatility or brain to manage a game.

Therefore more often than not our player either grinds to a halt when our midfielders have the ball, or the midfield is simply bypassed altogether.

Schneiderlin, or someone similar, will offer more options from the midfield which in part will provide freedom and opportunities for other players.

If we then add to the squad a player for the much heralded number ten role, we may then start to see our play improving significantly.

For me Barry can't keep up anymore. Not a fan of McCarthy. So for me we have Besic, Gana and Davies. Snides coming in would probably make Besic and Davies 3rd and 4th choice.. ok... McCarthy still with us so who knows how RK sees it.

I would like to see Basic and Gana long term... switching up with Davies. Besic with game time I still believe can be a legend if he can come back without having lost his mojo. Snides coming in.. I don't believe he will get that chance. There is a massive IF here.. IF Besic can stay fit. I don't think RK will bank on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back