Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gueye had a buyout clause of 7m if his team got relegated so unusual to get that lucky
Wanyama went for 11m as he had entered his last year of his contract and made it clear he wasn't going to be extending and would leave on a free, so they settled on a knock down fee to avoid that

Mourinho won't recoup anything he paid for Gundogan by selling Schneiderlin as Gundogan plays for manchester City not Manchester United
And there musty be more out there so why dont we go through that process for a player in a position that we're not desperate to fill this window and throw all the cash at a playmaker for further up the pitch and a second striker?

Are you actually comparing a player of quality like him to Schneiderlin?! Sigurdsson is a proven game changer of a player. He turns games and wins them on his own. £20M for him I could understand. £20M on another cm I cant...especially when the sell on will be a fraction of what he cost.
We've been over this before, you tedious bore. Sigurdsson would cost more than £30m if he was put up for sale in this window. You are using a straw man argument to WUM - pack it in please.

Sissoko went for £30m, we sold Felliani for £27m, Bournemouth paid £15m for Jordan Ibe - what's your point?
I may be wrong but wasn't Gundogan into the last year of contract when City signed him - and injured? So your argument is we're getting jibbed because City paid 2-4 million less for a player that they could have gotten for free in a year than we might pay for an French international, with premierleague experience who still has 3 years left on his current contract?

Are you this negative in all walks of life Dave mate? I bet you don't fart for fear of poopin' yourself

I like @davek

But it's funny how he's sticking in here, slating this potential signing of a player that would improve us and help us move forward, yet I haven't seen a peep of him in the Usmanov or Moshiri threads, despite the great news.

I have no doubt over Dave's fanship. He's a top Blue. But... it's just a bit tedious at the moment.
Im not slating Schneiderlin. Schneiderlin for £8M I could get behind. The price quoted is ridiculous. That's all.

Last edited:

I like @davek

But it's funny how he's sticking in here, slating this potential signing of a player that would improve us and help us move forward, yet I haven't seen a peep of him in the Usmanov or Moshiri threads, despite the great news.

I have no doubt over Dave's fanship. He's a top Blue. But... it's just a bit tedious at the moment.
Im not slating Schneiderlin. Schneiderlin for £8M I could get behind. The price quoted is ridiculous. That's all.

How modest.

Last edited:
Barry is past it and everyone must recognise that now. The second half of the Derby showed that clear as day. If people want to fawn over nice safe passing against a Swansea at home then they can gush away about world class Barry. If people want Everton to compete at the top end if the league then go and pay good money for players who are at the pace of the game.

Look at the clash the other night: Wanyama Dembele v Kante and Matic. Pogba, Herrera, Xhaka, Coquelin, Henderson, Can, Toure, Gundogan. All fast, all powerful, all physical, Barry does not belong anywhere near this type of company. Frankly going against these teams with dross like McCarhy Cleverley Gibson and worst of all Barry and expecting results is embarrassing. Gueye Schneiderlin Davies and Barkley would be a decent starting point to build from to get level with some of these midfields.
The point is that we have him for the next month as a good cm until "the crisis" of Gueye being away for 4 weeks is over. I'm not saying Barry is the future AT ALL.

We brought Walsh in to avoid nonsense fees for established players. That's not happening here. It has to be that Koeman is overriding this process and spending cash on a player he's had in the past. Good for him in the short term as he doesn't have to coach anything new and he likes the player; bad for us when we have to shift a 31 year old who cost 20 odd million out in the near future.

We didn't bring in Walsh to avoid nonsense fees. We have to buy more established players to make us better alongside potential players and upcoming youth. We are in dire need of better players than we currently have so established players is our first priority. Then over the years Walsh and co will be looking more so at potential. Mahrez and Kante and even Vardy were only players with potential which was soon realised. If we started buying just potential alone then the fees would be low but you know the fans would not accept it. Now it seems some are not excepting established players because we have to pay through the nose.

Are you actually comparing a player of quality like him to Schneiderlin?! Sigurdsson is a proven game changer of a player. He turns games and wins them on his own. £20M for him I could understand. £20M on another cm I cant...especially when the sell on will be a fraction of what he cost.

They've won 4 games out of 20 in the league mate this season, and sit near the bottom of the table, he isn't doing that good a job of winning game son his own really there is he?

Besic - injury prone prospect who is now 24
Gibson given a new contract as a promise by the ex manager
Cleverley - utter joke of a player
McCarthy - one good season in his career - another injury crock of a player
Barry - now 35 years old and obviously badly fading as a player

Thats exactly why we need another cm in mate, the current manager was left a centre midfield which was a train wreck in need of a total overhaul

as for the 'playmaker' - wake up mate, Koeman doesn't now and never will play a conventional number 10 which is what Siggurdson is, so you want us to pay about 25-30m for a player who won't fit into the managers system.

I'm actually convinced more than ever that your sat panicking we will actually have a large spend this January mate, as it will prove your theories wrong, and right now your getting preventitive shots in to prepare your next line of spin to keep the 'debate' going

Schneiderlin is better

Whilst I can see your point of view about spending £20m on talents instead of players who aren't getting a game, it is worth noting that Schneiderlin is an improvement on what we currently have. Ideally I would like us to sign a 23/24 year old instead, but with barry being 75 next season and tom davies hitting puberty to grow a proper beard, finding MS at 27 is not a bad thing.

My preference now would be something like:

Joe Hart 30 ? - Vocal leader from the back, decent stopper.
Schneiderlin - 27, decent all round player.
Juan Mata - 28, takes the pressure of ross and again a decent player.
Lookman - 19 Prospect for the future.
Kasper Dolberg - 19, support for Rom, another prospect.

Our team would look like we have the right balance of experience and talent, mixed with a few youngsters in reserve.

Hart - 30
Coleman - 27 ?
Williams - 32
Mori - 25 ?
Baines - 32

Schneiderlin - 27
Gana - 26
Barkley 23/mata 28

Mirallas - 28/ Bolasie 28
Depay (rumours)/ lookman 19
Lukaku - 23/24

Overall I think there is the right blend in there. Money wise we will have only spent about £100m on players for the core of a team that should last about 4 years (baines and Williams will then need replacing).

I can understand Dave's point of view though, the likes of dolberg should be a priority for future investment, yet the ability to play now if needed.

We also have Holgate, Lewin, Galloway and davies in reserve. Getting rid of cleverly, Gibson, mcgeady and 'the deadwood' will be just as important as getting fresh proven talent in IMO.
Mate, all the signings so far are looking like they are from a manager who is thinking short term. Look at the ages of them. We need, as you say, to be unearthing major talent for less than this. Walsh is supposedly here to do exactly that.

you're deluded or on another wind up if you think swansea would sell him for 20m now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back