Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC reporting that Mourinho will not select the pair while there are no unacceptable bids??

I'm not sure exactly what he means by that but he probably knows they are leaving this window and doesn't want to cup-tie them for a possible buyer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38532747

Manchester United duo Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay will not be selected while their futures remain unresolved, manager Jose Mourinho says.

Everton hope to conclude a deal for Schneiderlin, 27, but United are yet to receive an acceptable bid for the midfielder, according to Mourinho.

"I will allow both of them to leave - if the right offer comes. Until this moment, no," said Mourinho.

"We don't have any offer that is close to the quality of the players we have."

The Red Devils host Reading in the FA Cup third round on Saturday and Mourinho said that "in normal conditions" the two players would have been named in his squad.

"But they aren't because we are waiting for something that a couple of weeks ago looked like 100% and at the moment looks like 0%," he added.

West Brom have had an offer of £15m for Schneiderlin rejected, while Everton boss Ronald Koeman reportedly hopes to sign the France international in time for their Premier League match with Manchester City on 15 January.

BBC Sport understands more than five clubs retain an interest in the former Southampton midfielder and suggestions Everton have arranged a medical for the player are inaccurate.

Everton are also interested in former PSV Eindhoven winger Depay, 22, as are a number of clubs across Europe.

He's funny Jose, "I will allow both of them to leave"

No you won't, you'll be told when a deal is done when the people that conduct the deals tell you they're done.

BBC reporting that Mourinho will not select the pair while there are no unacceptable bids??

I'm not sure exactly what he means by that but he probably knows they are leaving this window and doesn't want to cup-tie them for a possible buyer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38532747

Manchester United duo Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay will not be selected while their futures remain unresolved, manager Jose Mourinho says.

Everton hope to conclude a deal for Schneiderlin, 27, but United are yet to receive an acceptable bid for the midfielder, according to Mourinho.

"I will allow both of them to leave - if the right offer comes. Until this moment, no," said Mourinho.

"We don't have any offer that is close to the quality of the players we have."

The Red Devils host Reading in the FA Cup third round on Saturday and Mourinho said that "in normal conditions" the two players would have been named in his squad.

"But they aren't because we are waiting for something that a couple of weeks ago looked like 100% and at the moment looks like 0%," he added.

West Brom have had an offer of £15m for Schneiderlin rejected, while Everton boss Ronald Koeman reportedly hopes to sign the France international in time for their Premier League match with Manchester City on 15 January.

BBC Sport understands more than five clubs retain an interest in the former Southampton midfielder and suggestions Everton have arranged a medical for the player are inaccurate.

Everton are also interested in former PSV Eindhoven winger Depay, 22, as are a number of clubs across Europe.

He's a ted tho. And he's not guna say oh Yearh there of ra now.

I expect this signing to be confirmed at around 2.30pm just as my fat arse finds its home in the Park End before the match tomorrow.

No time for this to drag on to next week, more signings and sales to be done next week!

Reading the Echo last 12 months I get the feeling O´Keefe, Kirkbride and Rimmer know nothing more than the fans, and that they get their data from the same sources that we do, i.e twitter, press conferences and newsnow. The fact that the the Echo says the deal is close doesn´t add anything for me, it seems based on the reports in the MEN and in the Birmingham Mail. Nothing new or exclusive to it. Only reliable sources are the club official news outputs and maybe the player himself.

Jose with his Rook to D4 move there.

Over to you Bob.
He knows this is a matter of saving face for Everton now. He can hold on and screw every last penny out of this. I expect Schneiderlin to go when Everton pay what united paid for him.

The club have acted like novices over this. The manager revealed his hand and now we must pay.

He knows this is a matter of saving face for Everton now. He can hold on and screw every last penny out of this. I expect Schneiderlin to go when Everton pay what united paid for him.

The club have acted like novices over this. The manager revealed his hand and now we must pay.

Nice to see you back on the forum, we needed a bit more positivism around these parts.

United have a player that 5 different clubs are bidding for, they say they want 24m, they will get 24m.

Its how the market works.

This will happen sooner rather than later, and I can't wait. He's a quality midfielder who doesn't fit in to Mourinho's plans. Big clubs that spend fortunes let loads of quality players leave that go on to excel elsewhere. I'm glad we're favourites to finally get one of them. He'll be hungry to impress and I'm sure he'll boss midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back