Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are crap Dave bar the odd one or two. This is 2 and a half seasons of utter crap bar the odd performance.

I shouldn't be surprised by today, but sitting there on the back row of the Park End gave me a great chance to watch shape/movement of the side. It's non existent. They are woeful.

He's going to need to sign about 20 players at this rate so he's obviously gonna buy a few crap ones along the way. Not saying I trust him either 100% with the cash but he's the manager so he's got to be given a chance. Of he blows it well there's not much we can do about that unless we sacked him now.
Sitting on the back row of the park end - what did you think when you looked over to the dugout? How well did Koeman perform today seeing us pressed back further and further by a Mahrez-less/Vardy-less Leicester team that cant buy a win?

Well bad first season Koeman, could get a lot better or worse. We have to give him a chance though and see if he can stamp his authority on this team and make it his. After all Martinez was given 3 seasons.
Martinez finished 11th twice and won nothing.

We are already better than last season. We just need to improve even further. Need to support him

Barkley dropped back to cm would have given us that, both now and when RM was here.

Still need another there Dave. The 3 is the way to go. You play Schniederlin and Davies/Gana with Barkley running it in front of them and you've got a fine midfield.

Once Gana comes back you can rotate the 3 of Schneiderlin, Davies and Gana so we have energy in games. You can also play all 3 together late once Barkley needs a breather and you don't lose much.

...I still think we are better than last season, I really do. As I said in the match thread, our games are usually tight and I expected the same today. I know you are the sites Devils Advocate.
It feels that way, but points wise there is nothing in it. The table is better to us because of the lack of teams coming out of the pack to challenge the elite.

That's fine by me, and in all honesty I don't think he will be given much longer if he doesn't make things happen.
If he truly has the budget suggested and creates his own team over the next two-three windows and they still play this crap. I'd want him out.

Sitting on the back row of the park end - what did you think when you looked over to the dugout? How well did Koeman perform today seeing us pressed back further and further by a Mahrez-less/Vardy-less Leicester team that cant buy a win?

Sat on his arse for a lot of it and came up every now and then. It's before the game and at half time he needs to be earning his pennies ( or millions ) though and that side looked absolutely crap and without shape and ideas.

Koeman has won more as a player and as manager- plus in terms of average prem finishing positions, who comes out on top? Belgian manager?? So that means you'd have Wilmot here. Dave, give it up lollol
Koeman was a great player. He is not a great manager. He's ben managing for 17 years and has done nothing other than a couple of Dutch SPL titles.

It feels that way, but points wise there is nothing in it. The table is better to us because of the lack of teams coming out of the pack to challenge the elite.

...3 points I think, Dave. The 2nd half of last season was woeful though. I've not liked how we've played all season but I think you have to give the manager the opportunity to bring his own players in to play the way he wants. Only then can we fairly judge him.

He could be getting the best out of what he has, hoofball or not. I'm not defending him, I'm not criticising him, I think it's unfair to judge at this time. I still think we are better than last season, though.

Still need another there Dave. The 3 is the way to go. You play Schniederlin and Davies/Gana with Barkley running it in front of them and you've got a fine midfield.

Once Gana comes back you can rotate the 3 of Schneiderlin, Davies and Gana so we have energy in games. You can also play all 3 together late once Barkley needs a breather and you don't lose much.
Once Gana comes back he plays every game he is fit for imo. We'll only have league games so fitness shouldn't be an issue

Maybe, but my point all along is not to oppose Schneiderlin per se but to state that we need better players elsewhere as a priority.

FWIW I'd buy Sigurdsson and no one else for this January. The feller is a match winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back