Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Niasse played in England for the last 8 years?

Does he have to? Russian clubs could want him...would we hold out for the full price we paid for him? How about Gibson?

Its a joke we think its all good to repay a clubs transfer fee for a player who hasn't featured in 2016. Thats why its taking so long.

So we're in a time where players don't devalue?

Once we repay United a transfer fee (like they need the money?) we set a precedent of being bent over.
But are united doing anything differently to what we did to city with stones? We set a fee they matched it, hence player sold. If Everton don't consider MS to be worth above 20m and united want 24m we look elsewhere.

Does he have to? Russian clubs could want him...would we hold out for the full price we paid for him? How about Gibson?

Its a joke we think its all good to repay a clubs transfer fee for a player who hasn't featured in 2016. Thats why its taking so long.

I know what we are doing and normally I would applaud our stance, but United seem pretty insistent they want the money, so in THIS case, I would pay the money and sign the player, before somebody else comes along and signs him.

Part of being 'elite' as Mosh calls it, is paying the going rate wherever and whenever its required. In many cases they waste good money after bad trying to find the right blend. If we want to play with the big boys that what we'll have to do. Not sure we as a fan base need to be worrying where every last 5p has been spent. Spend a load and see where it gets us, if that doesn't work, spend a load more. That's what the top 6 do and have done for years.

Dave Kelly won't be happy until we're in League 1 and then somehow rises to power through Blue Union take over thus ensuring he gets a Stalin esq statue built outside the Park End.

But are united doing anything differently to what we did to city with stones? We set a fee they matched it, hence player sold. If Everton don't consider MS to be worth above 20m and united want 24m we look elsewhere.

Which is why this is taking longer than arle baby head wants it to.

But saying that - Stones is 22. Was a first team player playing week in week out.

Schneiderlin is 28. Fringe player. Has been told to leave.

Yet they want the price they paid 2 seasons ago - £24million.

Zero logic for us to pay that.

But hey, we're rich. Apparently.

Part of being 'elite' as Mosh calls it, is paying the going rate wherever and whenever its required. In many cases they waste good money after bad trying to find the right blend. If we want to play with the big boys that what we'll have to do. Not sure we as a fan base need to be worrying where every last 5p has been spent. Spend a load and see where it gets us, if that doesn't work, spend a load more. That's what the top 6 do and have done for years.

And people believe thats the kind of resources we've got?

This is what worries me a bit.

We knew from day 1 that United wanted to recap the fee they paid. All the discussions was how that was met. Appearances, staged, whatever.

Then I heard we had reached a deal, as did @MoutsGoat , a day or so ago.

Odd.

I know what we are doing and normally I would applaud our stance, but United seem pretty insistent they want the money, so in THIS case, I would pay the money and sign the player, before somebody else comes along and signs him.

Which is fine. But it explains the length of time its taking, and I'm sure the board are thinking the same in terms of not paying that fee.

However If it was a case of unsettling a key player from a team, then pony up and flex muscle.

Who is though dave? Only one I can think of is Eddie Howe and I guarantee a lot of people would see him as a step down from RK
Just wished the owner of this club had been wise enough to employ Favre. Mind you, I didn't anticipate Koeman would be so infuriating or Favre so accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back