Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read that line back to yourself.

£22M is absurd. United made a loss of £2M on a player they wont play.

Possibly a worse deal in a purely financial sense than Bolassie's. At least there it was adding firepower up front (although, as with the Schneiderlin deal, it was another acquisition for a position we didn't desperately need to fill).

So you're basing this on the fact that he wasn't playing Utd and we shouldn't be paying that much?

And Dave he's very much needed, having more legs in the midfield is going to allow us press higher and quicker moving are play closer to lukaku.

Granted we still need other areas covered, now we have the 20 days to do so.

Chin up Dave, Everton are on the up

I said "in this market". July 2015 was a different animal to what we have now.

£22m is the new £12-15m.

And I disagree with you about needing to fill that position. We have no long term quality in that area of the pitch to build a side around beyond Gana - Cleverley and McCarthy are useless, Besic injury prone, Gibson is Gibson and Barry is 36 in February.
There isn't a case to be made that the market dictates that fee. Schneiderlin is no more than decent. Any PL club of Everton's current stature paying out £22M on a player like that have made a massive miscalculation.

I've said before that if the club had thrown that at Sigurdsson I'd have winced but got behind it because he is a match winner on his own. That doesn't apply to either the two astronomical cash signings Everton have made under Koeman.

There isn't a case to be made that the market dictates that fee. Schneiderlin is no more than decent. Any PL club of Everton's current stature paying out £22M on a player like that have made a massive miscalculation.

I've said before that if the club had thrown that at Sigurdsson I'd have winced but got behind it because he is a match winner on his own. That doesn't apply to either the two astronomical cash signings Everton have made under Koeman.

He only looks like a match winner cause he scores the pens and an occasional freekick. Watching him again against us this season, he did absolutely nothing but score a pen

i know we arent at their level..but look at some of the fees man city paid when they first became money -

Gareth Barry £12,000,000
Roque Santa Cruz £17,500,000
Carlos Tevez £25,500,000
Emmanuel Adebayor £25,000,000
Kolo Toure £16,000,000
Joleon Lescott £22,000,000

Adam Johnson £7,000,000
Jo £18,000,000
Tal Ben-Haim £5,000,000

Shaun Wright Phillips £9,000,000
Robinho £32,500,000
Wayne Bridge £12,000,000
Craig Bellamy £14,000,000
Nigel De Jong £16,000,000[3]
Shay Given £8,000,000[4]
Well, you countered your own point in that first sentence. When money is no obstacle you can spend like that. Be under no illusions that with us if money is spent it WILL be clawed back. My guess is the summer Lukaku goes to cover spending this January and most of next summer's.

Well, you countered your own point in that first sentence. When money is no obstacle you can spend like that. Be under no illusions that with us if money is spent it WILL be clawed back. My guess is the summer Lukaku goes to cover spending this January and most of next summer's.

yeah...i suppose my point is everyone wastes money lol

Guys 22m is nothing nowadays. Look how much the likes of Ross McCormack in the championship goes for! Even teams like Crystal Palace are spending more than that on players. Once this is completed we will have spent over 30m without even breaking sweat and I'm sure that won't be the last signing we make this window either.

we no longer need to buy players and hope to shift them on for profit anymore dave.

we are in a position to buy players in their prime and use them until we see fit to replace them.

the days of scrimping and saving 'seem' to be behind us.
No mate, those days aren't gone at all. We will need to shift out major talent (as we have under Moshiri already) to cover all this.

Bolassie/Schneiderlin/Depay/Whomever in and Stones/Lukaku out to square this off.

Anyone thinking Moshiri is footing this bill need to give their heads a wobble. he's not here for that. He's here for a stadium build and to sell us on.

Why did utd pay 24m for him then Dave? Because he was one of the best CMs in the league at the time they bought him. He's worth the money we have paid to actually up the quality in our team and help us win games

Your hero paid £13m for McCarthy in 2013. That must be even more than £22m in today's market. And Schneiderlin is a far superior player.

Dave is absolutely furious that all Roberto's deadwood are being leathered out of the club and replaced with quality. He's petrified at the thought of us improving, his internet reputation hangs in the balance.

So everything Koeman has done is wrong by his standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back