Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They overpaid because they are United. When did they ever get bargains (apart from mugging Kenwright for Rooney)?
They pay what it takes to get the player they want in. We will see our team start to play more how Koeman wants with Morgs in the team I think the general consensus is that 22m is a fair price and in an important position.

It wasn't a panic acquisition at all. Besic is back soon, but how long before he's game ready, 1 or 2 months. And what happens if he breaks down again.

Barry has gone and we need legs, fast in the middle of the park.
My point is that we already employ him and he ticks boxes that Schneiderlin does. The season is not getting better than 7th and out of both cups, so why not wait and see if Besic can respond strongly and claim his place. That potentially saves us £22M.

McCarthy is nowhere near as bad as some people make out. People overlook how much his injuries have affected him. With a proper run I think he would be very effective in a Koeman side, we saw glimpses of it this season.

Doesnt look as if he will ever fully recover though which is a shame.

I'd be more than fine with signing Schneiderlin. I like the fact that he has worked his way up the ranks as I think it keeps a player fairly grounded and of course he has played under Koeman already so there shouldn't be any issues settling in.

I never care about how much players cost as its not my money.

By no mean I say McCarthy is a bad player he is ok much better than the like in Cleverley and Gibson but to say Schneiderlin is not worth the money (dave) and banging on how crap Koeman is, in fact, over the top.

Just to hit on a couple points. You say he is a panic acquisition? Except we have apparently been looking at targets for the past 4 months and have negotiated this deal well before deadline also, so quite the opposite of a desperate transfer, he was a target for the manager and credit where it is due, the board have seemingly went and got him.

Second, i love Besic. think has the potential to be a top midfielder, except you don't get to be a top midfielder if you only play 10 games a season because of injury. So 2 straight years of injury, you can't blame the manager for not relying on a player who has barely kicked a ball for 2 years?
Panic in the sense we paid out so much for a player and a large part of the impetus seems to have been the loss of Gueye for a month.

Not just on his no show for United. I can see what he is: he's a grafter and he adds a pass to our team. That's something we have in Besic. Our position this season is forlorn anyway, so we could wait to see if Besic is going to come back as a regular and save us £22M in the process. Gueye is away for one month, so there's no emergency in a season when we have zip to play for.

This was just an insane panic acquisition.

you're 100% deluded. how long has besic been here and how many weeks in that time has he been fit?

Prices haven't doubled in three seasons mate.And McCarthy was a must make acquisition for that team. Not so Schneiderlin.

Well almost. Championship clubs sign players for more than £10m now.

Schneiderlin is a must. Unless you are happy with playing Barry, Cleverley and McCarthy.

Not quite sure why people are giving davek the attention he so desperately caves, again.

Schneiderlin will improve us in the middle no doubt. Time will tell if he is worth the fee but it cannot be denied that he is better than what we currently have.

They pay what it takes to get the player they want in. We will see our team start to play more how Koeman wants with Morgs in the team I think the general consensus is that 22m is a fair price and in an important position.
Ok, let's see that happen.

Spending already £50M on to players of this standard heaps the pressure big time on Koeman, so he best have this spot on. Bolassie is already a disaster from a purchase perspective.

24 Million when they signed him is probably equivalent to 30 Million today with the massive year on year inflation in football..

So if the player held his value we would probably be paying 30+ million.. Then when you take into account the 6 or 7 million in wages they've probably paid him on top of that United are not 'getting their money back'...

22 Million in todays money is by no means excessive for a player of his standard, who's proven in the premier league and is exactly what we need.

Some people are making out he has hardly played since joining united.. when in reality he has 47 appearances in the last 18 months (More that McCarthy, Gibson and Besic), granted he hasn't had much game time this season but he featured regularly last season so it is only really 4 or 5 months of limited game time. It might even work in our favour having some fresh legs for the seasons run in as I expect Gueye to tire due to the AFCON.

IMO 22 million is an extremely fair price for the player we are getting, people need to get out of the mind set that 22 million is a big fee in todays football, it's not, it's the going rate for a good Premier League level player, which he is proven to be!

you're 100% deluded. how long has besic been here and how many weeks in that time has he been fit?
Don't bite mate, some of what he posts is fair enough but most of it is contentious for the sake of it. You can bet your bottom dollar that if we had missed out to WBA on Schned the tune would be very different. You can't have a sensible exchange with a moving target, things will calm again in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back