Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're basing this on the fact that he wasn't playing Utd and we shouldn't be paying that much?

And Dave he's very much needed, having more legs in the midfield is going to allow us press higher and quicker moving are play closer to lukaku.

Granted we still need other areas covered, now we have the 20 days to do so.

Chin up Dave, Everton are on the up
Not just on his no show for United. I can see what he is: he's a grafter and he adds a pass to our team. That's something we have in Besic. Our position this season is forlorn anyway, so we could wait to see if Besic is going to come back as a regular and save us £22M in the process. Gueye is away for one month, so there's no emergency in a season when we have zip to play for.

This was just an insane panic acquisition.

Not just on his no show for United. I can see what he is: he's a grafter and he adds a pass to our team. That's something we have in Besic. Our position this season is forlorn anyway, so we could wait to see if Besic is going to come back as a regular and save us £22M in the process. Gueye is away for one month, so there's no emergency in a season when we have zip to play for.

This was just an insane panic acquisition

are you implying the signing of a premier league proven midfielder is the equivolent of another niasse deal.

step away from the compluter david!

Why did utd pay 24m for him then Dave? Because he was one of the best CMs in the league at the time they bought him. He's worth the money we have paid to actually up the quality in our team and help us win games
They overpaid because they are United. When did they ever get bargains (apart from mugging Kenwright for Rooney)?

Your hero paid £13m for McCarthy in 2013. That must be even more than £22m in today's market. And Schneiderlin is a far superior player.

McCarthy is nowhere near as bad as some people make out. People overlook how much his injuries have affected him. With a proper run I think he would be very effective in a Koeman side, we saw glimpses of it this season.

Doesnt look as if he will ever fully recover though which is a shame.

I'd be more than fine with signing Schneiderlin. I like the fact that he has worked his way up the ranks as I think it keeps a player fairly grounded and of course he has played under Koeman already so there shouldn't be any issues settling in.

I never care about how much players cost as its not my money.

are you implying the signing of a premier league proven midfielder is the equivolent of another niasse deal.

step away from the compluter david!
He's exactly what you describe him as: a proven midfielder. You dont throw daft money at that.

He's exactly what you describe him as: a proven midfielder. You dont throw daft money at that.

im afraid you have to in this modern era dave, and im quite happy with the £22m for snides. he will win your love im sure of it.

im not convinced moshiri and koeman will ever win your love tho, even if we win the champions league i think you would probably find something that narked you about it!

Don't get it. Gana replaced McCarthy, Schneiderlin replaces Barry. Both huge improvements absolutely required. Besic if he gets fit and McCarthy if he stays are great back ups and no more as it stands.

Read that line back to yourself.

£22M is absurd. United made a loss of £2M on a player they wont play.

Possibly a worse deal in a purely financial sense than Bolassie's. At least there it was adding firepower up front (although, as with the Schneiderlin deal, it was another acquisition for a position we didn't desperately need to fill).
A 2m loss. The spuds MADE money from us by not playing Steven Pienaar. What think you to that?

It wasn't a panic acquisition at all. Besic is back soon, but how long before he's game ready, 1 or 2 months. And what happens if he breaks down again.

Barry has gone and we need legs, fast in the middle of the park.

Just to hit on a couple points. You say he is a panic acquisition? Except we have apparently been looking at targets for the past 4 months and have negotiated this deal well before deadline also, so quite the opposite of a desperate transfer, he was a target for the manager and credit where it is due, the board have seemingly went and got him.

Second, i love Besic. think has the potential to be a top midfielder, except you don't get to be a top midfielder if you only play 10 games a season because of injury. So 2 straight years of injury, you can't blame the manager for not relying on a player who has barely kicked a ball for 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back