Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying Schneiderlin is a 1 for 1 replacement
No. But there does seem to have been some view that injury and absences in the short term necessitated a dip into the transfer market. I dispute that. I dont think we have any urgency now because we are at an effective season's end being out of the cups and unlikely to improve on 7th place.

Here's the thing about sell on value though

He's 27 now

If he stays here for 5 years and is a big time player for us who helps us win things, won't that make up for the fact we might not make our money back on selling him?

I mean, one top four finish will offset that loss on its own

Think positive folks!

Too right.

What’s all the nonsense with the sell on value, its time to move on from the past, having to sell to stay competitive shackled Moyes for years. If we start breaking into Europe consistently and seeing ourselves at Wembley there will be no selling on unless it to improve the team, 27 year old established international just entering the prime of his position, it’s a good realistic acquisition for Everton.

Last edited:
No. But there does seem to have been some view that injury and absences in the short term necessitated a dip into the transfer market. I dispute that. I dont think we have any urgency now because we are at an effective season's end being out of the cups and unlikely to improve on 7th place.

There is definitely an urgency and it is not related to Gueye leaving to the AFCON. Surely you dont dispute that buying a player now and allowing him 6 months to bed in to the team is more beneficial than buying the same player in July?

All about opinions mate. Mine is we've now gotten ourselves into an unwanted habit of paying premium fees for non-premium players...and if we add Depay to Bolassie and Schneiderlin it'll conform it in my mind.

Absolutely mate, Schneiderlin is a solid acquisition in my opinion (on paper at least!). On the other hand, yeah I did think Bolasie at that price was borderline frivolous.

22 million isn't high either.

Going back 2 years to the summer united bought him. He was one of the top performing midfielders in the league, international call ups and his stock was high, would 22 million have been high then? think most of us would have been made up doing that sort of business back then, so nothing changed, other than Jose giving us another player that improves the team that he cannot see the talent in.

I think some people are basing this idea of value or talent on the fact that he is a player jose didn't want. Van Gaal played him enough. the same Jose as well that sold us his record breaking young striker? The same Jose that sold wolfsburg an 8 million pound midfielder who then went on to be one of the best in europe?

Yeah, not every player Jose sells is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back